Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly can't see them fixing anything with the eyes at this point. Molds are done. Casts are very likely sitting done. It's the hairing process that is holding up production. Nothing about "fixing".

Hat maybe could be swapped for a better one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Getting a little more jel now I am seeing some pop up on ebay.

Asmus are usually pretty active here, be nice if they could reply to the invoicing schedule.

No invoice for me either. :dunno

Asmus told me late Feb/Early March all the first batch orders should be fulfilled. So hopefully any day now??

Yea I don't think they can fix the eyes but the hat can be fixed.

Honestly, I wished they had went the safer route and did the non-articulated eyeballs.

I agree. After seeing this side-by-side comparison Im surprised at how much better the eye(s) look on the V1 on the right (although heavily shadowed), for me anyway.
970F5924-B9DF-42FE-9242-C3E961B3B564.jpg

I agree non articulated eyes are ideal and look the best but I can honestly say when you guys have him in hand the eyes won’t be so noticeable...the hat I think if asmus just threw in the v1 hat it would be an improvement, again you can alter the new hat to work it’s just in stock form it doesn’t work

I hope they are fixing things, Asmus has been unusually quiet on this.

The new hat does look good but unfortunately not on the figure ... 😒

I still much prefer articulated eyes and really don't see the issue at all. Comparing pics of the actor it looks great to me.

I still much prefer articulated eyes and really don't see the issue at all. Comparing pics of the actor it looks great to me.

I?m not really worried about the eyes it?s the hat that bothers me most.

Why did they choose to go with moving eyes ? Just curious ?

I don?t think I?ll be moving the eyes unless I pose him smoking and is a bit high ��

C3EAE42E-3CA4-4A9D-AAE3-086A1D1C9730.jpeg

Weird, I thought I was going to get my Gandalf today. When I didn't, I checked tracking and saw that it was available for pickup at my post office. They received it in plenty of time early this morning to give to the carrier and they didn't even attempt delivery. I know this because my carrier comes at 1pm and it was available for pickup at 9am. I understand I might have to sign for it and it would have ended up being the same result anyway, but it is their job to DELIVER stuff.
I had this with my Qui Gon from a LCS which was shipped to me. The post office was so swamped with stuff that they just couldn't get things sorted and out, so they defaulted it to pick up until they could do it.

Thanks for the comparison between the original Gandalf the Grey and the new Crown one.

I really quite like that original sculpt... but of course the plastic beard is terrible. I almost want to move the faux hair of the Crown onto the original haggard sculpt.

Back