Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be the most profound thought I've read all day. :rotfl I gotta say, I'm in the hatted character who is occasionally hat-less camp.

Ha ha it?s a thing now...like when people have to decide if the shoes are pink or grey, or if the person is saying Laurel or Yanny.
Are you a green wraparound Captain Kirk fan or a yellow tunic fan? :)

Ha ha it?s a thing now...like when people have to decide if the shoes are pink or grey, or if the person is saying Laurel or Yanny.
Are you a green wraparound Captain Kirk fan or a yellow tunic fan? :)

I can't say I'm much of a Trekkie, but none the less classic Kirk is always yellow tunic in my head. :wink1:

Should Jack Sparrow always have his coat and hat, or is he better off with the white undershirt and fully exposed red bandana?

I can't say I'm much of a Trekkie, but none the less classic Kirk is always yellow tunic in my head. :wink1:

Should Jack Sparrow always have his coat and hat, or is he better off with the white undershirt and fully exposed red bandana?

Jack Sparrow is a good example for this. I could go either way but would probably prefer the full coat and hat, but if the tricorn had was badly made I would live with ditching the coat and going with the other look.

I just hope that when I receive this figure, I am not disappointed with the head sculpt.

I have yet to see a photo of the production figure where I am blown away by the eyes. They look beady to me.

Everything else appears to be fine, so far.

As far as the hat goes, it should hopefully prove to be an easy fix, but at this price point, none of these items should have been an issue.

Feels almost off-topic here, but I really dislike that huge plasticky pedastel below the Bag End gate stand. Just ugh.

I don't think the cloak adds much, but here's a shot with it on. Getting the hood to fit on the head is tough because the fabric isn't loose enough to drape naturally. I can't get it to look even halfway decent so I won't post any attempts with him hooded. Imho the figure displays best in just his robe sans the cloak and hat.

IMG_1415.JPG

I just hope that when I receive this figure, I am not disappointed with the head sculpt.

I have yet to see a photo of the production figure where I am blown away by the eyes. They look beady to me.

Everything else appears to be fine, so far.

As far as the hat goes, it should hopefully prove to be an easy fix, but at this price point, none of these items should have been an issue.

The head sculpt is actually really, really well done. Imo the eyes are passable. Not an utter fail or a deal-breaker (at least for me). But hardly a strong point. They should have been better realized.

This is my own personal experience but I doubt I'll be alone in this: there are some nits I have about this figure, yes; but my eye tends to be drawn to all the strong features and the overall total impression the figure makes. It's iconic looking.

Are other people still waiting for their invoice?
I haven't heard from Asmus yet and just want to make sure thats normal.

The head sculpt is actually really, really well done. Imo the eyes are passable. Not an utter fail or a deal-breaker (at least for me). But hardly a strong point. They should have been better realized.

This is my own personal experience but I doubt I'll be alone in this: there are some nits I have about this figure, yes; but my eye tends to be drawn to all the strong features and the overall total impression the figure makes. It's iconic looking.

That is definitely good to hear, Alatar. To me, the head sculpt is THE most important part of a figure. I can suffer through other issues but that noggin is what draws my eye immediately.

Even more awesomer, yah. But he’s awesome just right out of the box, honestly.

I wonder how long it will take for 1/6 custom artist community to start producing improved eyes, hat that fits well, and properly draping hooded cloak for this figure...

The eyes will be easy to provide replacements for.

I'm really looking forward to this still but that hat really bums me out. I want to have him wearing it but will have to see if is usable in hand. I'm sure there will be fancy custom versions going for over $100.

I'm really looking forward to this still but that hat really bums me out. I want to have him wearing it but will have to see if is usable in hand. I'm sure there will be fancy custom versions going for over $100.

Same here.

So, really curious about how Asmus will take care of this issue according to FB...

Is there a magnet to keep it on ?? That's interesting. Then perhaps an oversized piece of thinner material can replace the one on there now so the magnet has something to be stuck to, and it can form with the head. Rather than it sitting flat on top of the head. (see sketch)

But I anticipate the diameter for the head to fit into may need to be larger ??

Anyone with it in hand think this could work ? Or are my assumptions wrong with the magnet ?

View attachment 507299

Yes the magnet keeps the hat on his head and your idea would work

Back