Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s awful...the proportions are just way off so instead of being the kind of wider brimmed hat that Joker wears in the movie it looks more like a the type of hat that guys wore in offices in the 1940s. Not at all like what is worn in the movie. I?ve never understood how Hot Toys could have created such an inaccurate accessory. I would love to pose my figure in the hat but have to leave it in the box.
At least the hat fits on the figures head correctly [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone get an invoice recently?

Wondering if the first batch of 500 has already been sent out and now I have to wait until June. I ordered July 2019 through Asmus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just opened him up and he is beautiful! Yes the hat isn’t great but I get it, it’s to protect the hair job. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but he does come with his pipe...it’s not been left out. The eyes look good in person I think they’re difficult to photograph and the hairing is superb

Just opened him up and he is beautiful! Yes the hat isn’t great but I get it, it’s to protect the hair job. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but he does come with his pipe...it’s not been left out. The eyes look good in person I think they’re difficult to photograph and the hairing is superb

pics or fake xD

Just opened him up and he is beautiful! Yes the hat isn?t great but I get it, it?s to protect the hair job. I don?t know if it?s been mentioned before but he does come with his pipe...it?s not been left out. The eyes look good in person I think they?re difficult to photograph and the hairing is superb

Share some pics with us please :)
It?ll help the wait until I get mine lol

Okay here’s a couple...I used the v1 Gandalf hat and pipe holding hand and the scarf....I ripped the patch off the new hat that seals the opening and used it on my v1 Gandalf. The pipe with the crown Gandalf is in his staff in case it hadn’t been mentioned before, it’s not missing.
59DCD691-9A3E-4934-8575-8941613343A7.jpg67AC8B53-5013-4E05-A0EE-581FDFC3297E.jpg970F5924-B9DF-42FE-9242-C3E961B3B564.jpg

Does the hat not fit with the middle removed ?

I ordered mine June 2019 and the email I got from asmus the other week said all Gandalf orders will be done by the end of February.

Does the hat not fit with the middle removed ?

I ordered mine June 2019 and the email I got from asmus the other week said all Gandalf orders will be done by the end of February.

It does but the inside of the new hat with the middle removed is kinda ruff so i was a little worried to pull it down on the haired sculpt. The old hat fit more easily and seems softer (smoother) on the inside

They said on the FB that they are looking into the eye and hat issues. Maybe that's why they haven't sent any invoices out. I don't know, they eyes looked messed up to me. It looks like there's a gap between the eyelids and eyeballs. I hope they can fix it.

I hate eye moving features. It?s too much screwing around if it doesn?t work perfectly and easily.

They said on the FB that they are looking into the eye and hat issues. Maybe that's why they haven't sent any invoices out. I don't know, they eyes looked messed up to me. It looks like there's a gap between the eyelids and eyeballs. I hope they can fix it.

That?s very interesting.
The eyes for me aren?t an issue but the hat floating is such a shame. Hopefully it can be saved.

Back