Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....SSC sent me a PO delay notice, until March...same for an SW fig...

Another forum (SW) commented that there are container ship shipping issues - anyway, I'm not upset; my order has been in with SSC and I own Gandalf V1.

Dunno if folks ordering through ASMUS direct will be affected.

Nice to see this is looking to be worth the premium price. The wait for this has been long. Hoping for a premium version of Legolas next.

Asmus has delivered on this one without a doubt! It?s nice to have high quality figures of something that is not Disney or DC which is all Hot Toys currently produce. Asmus was already my favorite 1/6 company, now that they are poised to release what appears to be the best 1/6 release of the year they are well on their way to being the best 1/6 company.

I’ve passed on all the Asmus LOTR figures so far, but I had to have this Gandalf, and it’s looking like it will not disappoint. Looks like an absolute masterpiece, and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next in the Crown series.

Wow asmus! It looks like you have delivered big time! It really looks like a high end custom at a fraction of the cost :clap

I’ve passed on all the Asmus LOTR figures so far, but I had to have this Gandalf, and it’s looking like it will not disappoint. Looks like an absolute masterpiece, and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next in the Crown series.

Yep, I'm the same. If the Crown series continues to be like this Gandalf, then I'm in !!!

Same here. Also first Asmus figure for me.
Really curious how the final product turns out.
It could be the first one or last one :)

I?ve passed on all the Asmus LOTR figures so far, but I had to have this Gandalf, and it?s looking like it will not disappoint. Looks like an absolute masterpiece, and I?m looking forward to seeing what?s next in the Crown series.

I have the Asmus Saruman and their Nazgul horse. I also have three of those ACI Nazgul figures, those are really well done. Definitely had to have this Gandalf. Might be done with LOTR but could definitely be tempted by premium versions of certain characters like Legolas or gold armor Elrond.

Well....SSC sent me a PO delay notice, until March...same for an SW fig...

Another forum (SW) commented that there are container ship shipping issues - anyway, I'm not upset; my order has been in with SSC and I own Gandalf V1.

Dunno if folks ordering through ASMUS direct will be affected.

Got the same notice 4 weeks ago from my seller in Malaysia, must have same shipment.

I specifically did not buy the full figure because Asmus promised standalone heads for those with V1. If they hadn't made that promise I would have bought the full figure, so I'm hoping they follow through! They did end up offering replacement Frodo and Sam heads so I'm hopeful.

I am certain that Asmus intends to release the head by itself. Whether that ends up panning out is anyone?s guess. For now the only way anyone can guarantee that they will have that Crown Gandalf head is by buying the figure that comes with the head.
That will change if Asmus puts heads up for preorder anytime soon. So far, they have not so there?s that.
Looks like folks who buy multiple Gandalf?s will make a killing selling the heads to folks who want it and then selling the bodies to other folks who bought heads from someone and decide that they want the entire Crown release in their collection.

This is going to be one of those releases that will be sought after and expensive in the secondary market. I passed on the first one as the sculpt wasn't there for me but this one for sure is a must.

This is going to be one of those releases that will be sought after and expensive in the secondary market. I passed on the first one as the sculpt wasn't there for me but this one for sure is a must.
I feel you are right. Those that skipped/passed on this are really going to be kicking themselves later. Aside from the head, even if offered later (and at what price) there's too much goodness here in the base and Bains journal to pass up for me.

This wasn't a release I was about to gamble on missing out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hope i'm wrong, but those who held out on this release to wait for Asmus to sell the Crown Gandalf sculpt separately to previous owners are likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Glady eat a big plate of crow if i'm wrong. If it took such a long time to full fill 500 orders, and another 4-5 months to complete the rest, how long would it take to make additional for owners of the last Gandalf. They'll be stuck in limbo. What if they come out with a Crown Legolas and EVERY OWNER is looking to buy the head only. They'll never move on to other stuff. They'll take the PR hit and negative Facebook messages and ppl will let it go eventually. Anything is possible just unlikely.

Back