Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic!

Would be great if the colour of the hat could be changed, but the figure still looks great as it is!

On the other hand, it's Gandalf! Who wouldn't want to display him with his hat?
I'm actually hoping to get in on the "head only" option as well as I have two Gandalf displays. I'd likely display him with (using Sideshows hat) and without. Heres my one custom without the hat. Screenshot_20190622-221103_Instagram.jpgFB_IMG_1561610924454.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So close to pre-ordering. I hope Asmus reveal the Hobbiton base soon. The updated head sculpt and beard look amazing but I need to see the value in the base before hitting the button. Gah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On one hand...this figure looks unbelievable. Nothing could've prepared me to just how amazing it looks. And I can't wait to get it...

On the other hand...

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?? I need this in my veins now!!

Amazing job asmus!!

Really don’t understand why people are giving out about the $350 price point.
It’s basically a custom head with all the rooting they have to do plus the moveable eyes in to the bargain.
Think people need to get a grip.
Go and ask for a private commission of Gandalf’s head off a few of the sculptors out there and ask them for the same quality as the prototype we’ve seen and they will give you a price somewhere between $400 -$800.

Really don’t understand why people are giving out about the $350 price point.
It’s basically a custom head with all the rooting they have to do plus the moveable eyes in to the bargain.
Think people need to get a grip.
Go and ask for a private commission of Gandalf’s head off a few of the sculptors out there and ask them for the same quality as the prototype we’ve seen and they will give you a price somewhere between $400 -$800.

Well i don't think it's unreasonable for people to be concerned about the price. Outside of maybe 1 or two releases that came with an elaborate display, all of asmus' releases have cost $200 and under. Granted, what's being offered here outclasses previous releases...maybe it hasn't sunken in yet? I too think it's worth every penny...oh and bonus, this new HS is also being offered to those that owned the previous Gandalf! This practice has been something I wished HT did for a long time. Give their consumers the option for an upgrade.

Thank you asmus for providing your fans the option for an upgrade. Your dedication to your fans really shows.

Well i don't think it's unreasonable for people to be concerned about the price. Outside of maybe 1 or two releases that came with an elaborate display, all of asmus' releases have cost $200 and under. Granted, what's being offered here outclasses previous releases...maybe it hasn't sunken in yet? I too think it's worth every penny...oh and bonus, this new HS is also being offered to those that owned the previous Gandalf! This practice has been something I wished HT did for a long time. Give their consumers the option for an upgrade.

Thank you asmus for providing your fans the option for an upgrade. Your dedication to your fans really shows.

thank you so much for understanding our intention.
we meant well, that was all.

Will we know on here when the headsculpt is up for order ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

And should we confirm we own the first version, or it will be just a limited release for everybody who grabs it?

Asmus have clearly stated that you can only buy the replacement head on it's own if you purchased their original Gandalf the Grey figure. They are ONLY selling it as an upgrade to the original sculpt. If you don't have the original figure, they you can't have the new head!

As there were only 1500 of those released, then that is the maximum number of separate headsculpts that Asmus will produce and sell; less if not everyone that bought the original figure wants the new head. You will need to provide a photograph of the issue number which can be found on the inlay card inside the box. For example, mine is 228/1500.

I believe Asmus will post instructions on here as to how we place our orders once they are ready...

I think the best part of everyone complaining is the inevitable sell out, seeing these in others collections, and then kicking themselves for passing. Of course they’ll head to eBay then and get raped. If I’ve learned one thing in this hobby, it’s if you love it and want it, grab it while it’s there cause it’ll be even more painful later.

I think the best part of everyone complaining is the inevitable sell out, seeing these in others collections, and then kicking themselves for passing. Of course they’ll head to eBay then and get raped. If I’ve learned one thing in this hobby, it’s if you love it and want it, grab it while it’s there cause it’ll be even more painful later.

Your post is probably the one that is going to make me order. No doubt that this is a work of art. I am just having trouble committing. I actually had it in the cart last night and deleted it. I really wish that we could see the base or at least hear what they envision.

I am having trouble finding my original Gandalf box. Hope there is another option to prove I have the figure, like photographs or my original order emails.

Back