Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if this is also coming with a regular Asmus LOTR figure stand or is it just the Hobbiton diorama stand? :dunno

So who else has not received their invoice yet who preordered this right away? I ordered June of 2019 I think and nothing.

Me. I preordered within mins of it going live on the site

Same here. In the past, with previously pre-ordered figures, I've received invoices with the initial group but this time, it looks like I won't be making the initial release. At least I'll be getting the much better version 1.2 release...

:wink1:

I have the first release of Gandalf the Gray that Asmus did. I think I may go with the sideshow hat.

However I was able to get the Asmus hat to look decent by putting aluminum foil inside the hat. It made it so you can shape and pose it however you want. In this case it will require removing the little cover that was sewn in.

Cool idea! I'll have to remember to try that.

People will probably go crazy when it alone is probably $200 :lol

But from that looks of it, it?s worth it. Fine works like this do cost more.
Idgaf tbh. I bought V.1. I love it, I just want the sculpt. The magic silver scarf, all the staffs, I altered the hat for the perfect shape, have it all set in the pose I want. Now I just need that sculpt.

I'll pay, that's fine.

Asmus already announced/reconfirmed the head is going to be sold separately a few pages back (at least to a limited few which includes members of this board), and that it will be around the $100 mark.

I see that this figure's waitlist is full on Sideshow. Does anyone have any experience with that? I'm wondering if there's even a chance that at some point the figure's waitlist will open up again or maybe even become available to order again without being put on a waitlist? Or is there a good chance of this happening?

I have over $350 of Sideshow reward points that I'd love to spend on this guy instead of paying $350 for it direct from Asmus or elsewhere, so that's why I'm asking.

Theres always a chance, but I wouldnt get your hopes up. And then even if you get on the waitlist youll be at the back of the line so chances are pretty slim.

An invoice is never late.
Nor is it early.
It arrives precisely when it means too...

I'm cool to wait.
I've waited this long and if need be,I'll wait even longer.

Now if it was Haldir...😁

Me. I preordered within mins of it going live on the site

I have not received mine and I ordered right away too. I also couldn’t find my confirmation email so I emailed Asmus a few days ago and within hours they sent me my order number and all so I know my order is showing up in their system.

Below is the email they sent me. This was just a few days ago. I assume they meant 17th of February not January.

Thank you for the e-mail.
We have received your pre order of Gandalf the Grey.
The product will be released partially in the mid ~ end of February 2021.
We will contact you once the product is ready.
Thank you and stay safe.

Please be advised that Asmus Toys Office will close from 10th February 2021 to 16th February 2021 due to Lunar New Year.
Shipping and Customer service will be limited and we will resume working on 17th January 2021.

I have not received mine and I ordered right away too. I also couldn?t find my confirmation email so I emailed Asmus a few days ago and within hours they sent me my order number and all so I know my order is showing up in their system.

Below is the email they sent me. This was just a few days ago. I assume they meant 17th of February not January.

Thank you for the e-mail.
We have received your pre order of Gandalf the Grey.
The product will be released partially in the mid ~ end of February 2021.
We will contact you once the product is ready.
Thank you and stay safe.

Please be advised that Asmus Toys Office will close from 10th February 2021 to 16th February 2021 due to Lunar New Year.
Shipping and Customer service will be limited and we will resume working on 17th January 2021.

I?m hoping they ship mine before they close the office.

This thing is going to expensive and sought after in the secondary market, I reckon. I usually to a lot of consideration for a figure this expensive, but once I saw that sample production figure video I immediately ordered through Asmus. It was sold out everywhere else.

How is Asmus' record on shipping? Are they quick, pack well, etc?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just pre order mine on Asmus' site. I know nothing about the pipe and/or hat stuff xD Can anyone bring me up to speed, please

I just pre order mine on Asmus' site. I know nothing about the pipe and/or hat stuff xD Can anyone bring me up to speed, please

There was a rumor being spread that Gandalf doesn't come with his pipe due to copyright or something (I don't know what the basis was for this), but I have yet to see anything concrete about this. It started when one user claimed it was the case, nothing more. At the same time I haven't seen any pictures of Gandalf with it.... last I heard it is actually included though. :dunno

With the hat, some were saying it's too small. Others say it's the right size. Up to you to decide; personally I think the hat will look just fine when positioned right. With that though, the hat has a magnet in it but the hole oddly enough has a patch over it. I guess it's so the magnet doesn't fall out and the head sculpt isn't damaged. Therefore it sits a little high on Gandalf's head but again, with some futzing or minor mods it should be a non-issue.

This thing is going to expensive and sought after in the secondary market, I reckon. I usually to a lot of consideration for a figure this expensive, but once I saw that sample production figure video I immediately ordered through Asmus. It was sold out everywhere else.

How is Asmus' record on shipping? Are they quick, pack well, etc?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Its already selling for almost double the retail price on ebay for some reason.

There was a rumor being spread that Gandalf doesn't come with his pipe due to copyright or something (I don't know what the basis was for this), but I have yet to see anything concrete about this. It started when one user claimed it was the case, nothing more. At the same time I haven't seen any pictures of Gandalf with it.... last I heard it is actually included though. :dunno

With the hat, some were saying it's too small. Others say it's the right size. Up to you to decide; personally I think the hat will look just fine when positioned right. With that though, the hat has a magnet in it but the hole oddly enough has a patch over it. I guess it's so the magnet doesn't fall out and the head sculpt isn't damaged. Therefore it sits a little high on Gandalf's head but again, with some futzing or minor mods it should be a non-issue.

So nothing to be worry about then. I'm so happy with my purchase :D

I just preorder mine as well, but didn't receive any order number from them, is that normal? I did get the Paypal invoice for the $20 deposit

Back