Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding, I never got my replacement Nazgul bodies that were promised to swap out with the floppy originals (and I own 5 of the Nazgul & steed sets).

Sucks to hear you didn't get replacement bodies! But now I gotta see this display! Pics? :wink1:

69AD9D35-3751-404D-8942-5015EF22D5F2.jpg
Sucks to hear you didn't get replacement bodies! But now I gotta see this display! Pics? :wink1:

Lol.
Well, I actually only have 2 of the sets displayed currently (in shelf-modified detolfs), but some day ... !

They confirmed multiple times in different threads, that they are doing it, why come back to the question? What was not voiced is the price. This may hold some people from buying it, but wait and see.

Given that this is figure is already sold out on pre-orders long ago.... yeah they can wait and see a little longer until 2nd hand or scalping prices come about.

I'm not trashing Asmus, like i said, i respect them for even offering it but I'm just being real. Don't see it happening. Good intentions and no execution. If any collectors especially the ones i see leave comments on Facebook are holding off to buy the Head, i think they are setting themselves up for disappointment.
If i had the manpower and staff... i'd get working on that CROWN Gandalf the White production and make money off that rather then be stuck in limbo making additional heads for older products.

Yeah with the way things have played out with preorders, I feel like folks would have been better off securing a CS Gandalf and then if Asmus does end up honoring a replacement head for the past figure you could sell one of the figures off and probably make $$$.

I'm really hyped to see anything more of this figure.

Just got ACI Aragorn (finally) and Asmus Gimli I definitely want to see Gandalf in hand next especially with that awesome sculpt. It will be great to see them do Crown Gandalf the white.

Anyone else getting nervous that it's taking too long to see this? I wonder if they are having issues with the likeness or the movable eyes?

To be honest I?m not.
I think they are taking their time to get this right.
Crown series has got a lot of attention since Gandalf was announced. A lot of people who normally don?t collect or pay attention to Asmus have ordered or are going to. So there is a lot riding on this for Asmus to make a statement by putting out a top notch product.

To be honest I?m not.
Crown series has got a lot of attention since Gandalf was announced. A lot of people who normally don?t collect or pay attention to Asmus have ordered or are going to. So there is a lot riding on this for Asmus to make a statement by putting out a top notch product.

I hope you are right.

To be honest I?m not.

This.
The last thing Asmus wants is for a highly anticipated, $350 initial release in their Crown series to disappoint. They’ll take as long as they need to get it right, IMO.

Sent them an email and asked about it they said it will be ready to ship in February.

We are about ready to ship half of the orders,
ALL our online orders should be out by the end of the January !

We are about ready to ship half of the orders,
ALL our online orders should be out by the end of the January !

Oh that is fantastic! Hopefully that means I could get mine in from BBTS by the end of February/start of March.

Also if there is anyone still wanting to put in a preorder for this guy, BBTS still has it available there. Thought it was sold out at some point; maybe someone cancelled.

Back