Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, given how expensive I suspect this new line of figures will be, plus their seemingly diverse interests (though it is interesting out of the first 6 they tease that 3 are from LOTR...) I will probably pick up the few characters they make that are a significant upgrade and let Asmus fill in the rest of the line/characters. I can't imagine they will go as deep into the line as Asmus.
Though, having a higher-end company as competition might make Asmus take a few more risks to produce bigger/more extravagent pieces at a slightly higher cost - i.e Sauron, Thranduil on Throne. etc.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking at a new company producing LOTR figures as an AND situation not an OR. If their product is good and they fit in my budget, I see no reason to pick sides. Both!

But if their pricetags are too high, so be it. I'm extremely happy with Asmus' line and will continue to buy their figures regardless.

Now, back to Asmus' line and the Gandalf the Grey figure specifically ... any news on when we might see orders for the solo head?

I think these QS/In Art figures are gonna be the kind of figure you pick up once in a while, maybe just one or teo of your favourite characters, and likely not completing huge lines with.

I think these QS/In Art figures are gonna be the kind of figure you pick up once in a while, maybe just one or teo of your favourite characters, and likely not completing huge lines with.
I also believe we will not see secondary characters like Éomer, etc. We might not even see the entire fellowship. I assume they will go for the most popular characters that will sell well :) However, I am going to pick up every single QS/InArt LOTR figure they will make. I am sure the quality and likeness will be premium, the same or better than Hot Toys. I will gladly pay a premium price for that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm definitely looking at a new company producing LOTR figures as an AND situation not an OR. If their product is good and they fit in my budget, I see no reason to pick sides. Both!

But if their pricetags are too high, so be it. I'm extremely happy with Asmus' line and will continue to buy their figures regardless.

Now, back to Asmus' line and the Gandalf the Grey figure specifically ... any news on when we might see orders for the solo head?
Its ready to go,
we have prepared around 300 copies for upgrades of our previous version.
But we are just waiting for Sideshow's last batch to arrive USA before we start selling them online.

What has happened to Asmus, are they scamming us or what. Countless times I have asked for my money to be returned only for them to ignore me, never again.

Asmus may have been slow to get to people but I'm pretty sure they've made things right for like 5 boardies who had outstanding issues lately so I would certainly say they aren't scamming people right now.

My Crown GtG arrived today from KGHobby. Aaand to sweeten this, I also managed to skip any import taxes and vat :blissy
Well, I have never seen my gf being so excited when I am doing unpacking videos. Also, she said.. "Now I want the rest". Honestly the sculpt looks way better than on the pictures I have seen here. So I am satisfied with its looks. Could it have been better in the eyes? Yes, by all means, the proto was better. But that does not change the fact that I like the figure and will keep it.
One thing that made me wonder though is that the body was placed on the left side of the box and the hs was put on the right side, whereas in all reviews the hs was left and the body - right.
So I will be looking at Bilbo next and possibly Frodo slim version, hopefully from the first batch, was it?

QS will be a game changer for LOTR fans. I can't wait to see what they have with Legolas and Gandalf. Can we finally have an Aragorn that looks like Vigo?
I would like a better Arwen too and proper blue-eyed Frodo. But Asmus crown GtG is not half as bad as I though he would be. I could say he is on HT level, considering HT did fail some figures.

20220312_141938.jpg

After finally setting him up, I can definitely say I am loving this figure. The presence in person is just so inspiring.
Tonight my gf and me will have a LOTR marathon and the popcorn is ready to go! Did I mention we have some Lays as a backup?

Back