Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They always ship to shops first. That is why sometimes I preorder not directly.
But you can get exclusives only from them (or Sideshow, as it was with Aragorn). So, I am fine with waiting a bit longer, but if you have problem with that just do not buy directly.

What does TA breaking this down have to do with people still waiting. People that did get theirs already are allowed to do whatever they want with them. Retailers did get stock.

I think you missed my point of how frustrating it must be to have preordered from Asmus directly and still be waiting while the figure had been out in the world so long that it?s already being stripped down into parts.
You would think that a preorder from Asmus would get filled before figures were out sitting unsold on store shelves.

For those of you that are still waiting on Asmus, have you considered cancelling and ordering from BBTS or something? Assuming BBTS isn't sold out....

I should be getting my Gandalf today assuming my postman doesn't royally screw up. :lol

Edit:YES coming today.

That?s basically what I did. Once I saw that EKIA had the figure in stock I went ahead and ordered.
They shipped him the next day and I?ve had him for a week.
Meanwhile, still no invoice from Asmus and I ordered in May of 2020.

And the silence from Asmus continues. They are risking their reputation here... only takes one to damage for years.

Yep. I think some damage has been done, no doubt.
Between the invoice drama, the QC issues, and the hat, they burned through a lot of accumulated good will.
They only have themselves to blame for not acknowledging any of this. That?s a completed unforced error.
The QC issues are what they are but it doesn?t cost them anything to simply acknowledge them.
With that said, I am still predicting that in spite of all of this, this figure will be the most coveted figure of 2022 and will be selling for $1000usd this time next year.

I still struggle to understand how the person in charge at Atmus Toys went and took the factory samples before mass production for Gandalf/base/accessories and set it up on a table and said "nailed it." "give em, the green light. It's a go.".

We get product samples sent to us from a factory in China every few weeks to a month and we sit around a table to go over it top to bottom before giving it the go ahead. Even if the hue/saturation of the color is only a bit off, we correct it. I just picture myself in this particular situation all thumbs trying to frustratingly jam things together on the base, looking at the eyes, the hat, the mustache, the hair glue, and being like "yeah this is great, they will love this for the price point. This is how we want to launch our new premium product series.".

Any one else missing the pipe? My staff doesn't have a hole where its suppose to be either. Is this a known issue?

Not missing it. Got mine from bbts so the pipe was in a seperate baggie outside the shipper. The staff also did not have a hole to place the pipe through. Just from reading everyone here, it seems all of us that got this from bbts have the same issues. Magnet on the hat is wrong too so it slides in front of his face.

I think you missed my point of how frustrating it must be to have preordered from Asmus directly and still be waiting while the figure had been out in the world so long that it?s already being stripped down into parts.
You would think that a preorder from Asmus would get filled before figures were out sitting unsold on store shelves.

No, I didn't miss your point at all. TA strips figures the minute they get them in. They don't just pick up a figure that's been sitting around and decide that since it's not selling it's time to break it down. They make more money doing that than selling the figure whole. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.

As far as Asmus shipping to retailers, why shouldn't they? It's what they do as standard procedure. This is a special circumstance with an unusual figure and they're dealing with it for the first time. They made the decision to portion out the figures. Maybe they will make a different decision the next time. Why crap all over Asmus because they wanted to try in a sense to please everyone? Yes it sucks that some people didn't get their figure yet. If those people had gotten their figures, then someone else wouldn't have. What's the difference, except that you feel better now?

Asmus are pretty well known for botchy figures sadly, I mean especially the early days man was my devil may cry figure a mess!
I also received Ace ventura with no head! Then xensation which is Asmus did the riddler but the ? marks on half the figures were backward and half normal ( luck of the draw)

I think Asmus could at least offer a free new Hat for the awful one they've included. :slap

Wow, looks like I dodged a bullet cancelling my bbts PO before they came in. Feel bad for those getting bad ones. I just couldn't justify spending $350 on a figure with so many flaws. I only have 2 LOTR figures (Gimli and ACI Aragon), so it's not a huge let down for me. Maybe they will get things right on the next Crown series.

No, I didn't miss your point at all. TA strips figures the minute they get them in. They don't just pick up a figure that's been sitting around and decide that since it's not selling it's time to break it down. They make more money doing that than selling the figure whole. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.

As far as Asmus shipping to retailers, why shouldn't they? It's what they do as standard procedure. This is a special circumstance with an unusual figure and they're dealing with it for the first time. They made the decision to portion out the figures. Maybe they will make a different decision the next time. Why crap all over Asmus because they wanted to try in a sense to please everyone? Yes it sucks that some people didn't get their figure yet. If those people had gotten their figures, then someone else wouldn't have. What's the difference, except that you feel better now?

Thanks for the unnecessary primer on Toy Anxiety when only everyone on this thread is fully aware of what Toy Anxiety does and the service they offer for collectors.
The point that you continue to struggle with is it?s frustrating for people to preorder a figure and then see it sitting unsold on a store shelf while they are still waiting for their preorder to be filled.
If it doesn?t frustrate you, awesome, we don?t all have to be frustrated by the same things.
And no, it?s not one person gets it so someone else doesn?t. In the week since EKIA got their stock I have seen tons of complaints on this thread about people being ready to enjoy their Gandalf figure but still not having an invoice that they would gladly pay for.
The stock that EKIA has is not being displayed on a collectors shelves, its sitting in their warehouse.
If you think that?s cool, more power to you.
Like everyone else around here, I think those figures should be in the hands of people who preordered from Asmus two years ago instead of waiting in a retailer?s warehouse for someone to impulse buy 2 years after someone who made the commitment years ago. But that?s just me.
If pointing that out is ?crapping all over? Asmus to you, then you may be a little too sensitive for where this discussion is headed in general.

Well, I was going to get mine today except my postman is lazy and decided to leave a parcel pick up card in the mail box instead of just dropping off the parcel at the door (they're supposed to drop it off unless I owe import fees on it, which I don't). Freaking annoying but I guess I shouldn't complain when some of you haven't even received a shipping notice yet. It's likely I'll be able to go pick it up late tonight and then unbox it tomorrow morning, as opposed to waiting until Monday. At least I hope.

Wow, looks like I dodged a bullet cancelling my bbts PO before they came in. Feel bad for those getting bad ones. I just couldn't justify spending $350 on a figure with so many flaws. I only have 2 LOTR figures (Gimli and ACI Aragon), so it's not a huge let down for me. Maybe they will get things right on the next Crown series.

your loss

Yeah, I freaking LOVE this figure. It sucks that so many folks are disappointed, but with the exception of the hat, I am very happy with what I received. The base took a little tinkering, but it looks great with Bilbo.

Getting this one and Galadriel within about a week of each other was honestly a little overwhelming.

Just shy of $100

That's a steal price. Hope they get more in. I'd like to replace my V1.

your loss

Yeah, I freaking LOVE this figure. It sucks that so many folks are disappointed, but with the exception of the hat, I am very happy with what I received. The base took a little tinkering, but it looks great with Bilbo.

Getting this one and Galadriel within about a week of each other was honestly a little overwhelming.

Agreed. Some complaints are justified but overall this is still a very stellar figure and I'm so glad I finally have a quality Gandalf in the collection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do they announce anywhere that they got a new figure in to break out onto their website? Even their front page on their website doesn't show off Gandalf.

Just wondering if they announce anywhere that a new figure is being parted out.

Do they announce anywhere that they got a new figure in to break out onto their website? Even their front page on their website doesn't show off Gandalf.

I follow them on Facebook but missed their post for it as I was busy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Their thread on the Dealers subforum will usually keep you up to date. But they don't post here until after the stock goes live on their site, so you still have to camp out on their site, as by the time they post here, the hot items are already sold.

The thread will state when new part-outs are coming, so you just have to keep checking their site.

Back