Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus would you please shed some light on this topic? Are we getting a new head sculpt to replace the original head?

As this was a display convention, it's very possible that we are simply looking at a one time repaint, specifically produced for this show.

Been a while since this topic has been active. Has anyone confirmed or heard any ramblings of the new head scuplt? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this figure, but really don't want to be stuck with the stock head.

Been a while since this topic has been active. Has anyone confirmed or heard any ramblings of the new head scuplt? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this figure, but really don't want to be stuck with the stock head.

gandalf head.jpg

I think this is it.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that this desplay was the replacement head for GtW. If the replacement is an improved version of the stock sculpt rather than a major redesign, I hope they soften up on the wrinkles and age spots (both by smoothing the sculpt itself and going lighter on the paint apps. Gandalf the White appeared more youthful/reinvigorated than Gandalf the Grey.

Asmus also acknowledged the vest as something they'd like to improve. Aside from the oft-criticized dark-stitching (when the on-screen vest was in fact brighter than the rest of his costume), it's overall shape is a little off in that it has a slimming effect on the figure. The vest used in the film was more loose fitting.

gandalf_the_white_returns.jpgGandalf the White.jpgGandalf the White2.jpg

I thought it was coming with Gandalf the Gray? Isn't that the plan?

That's the plan. I just pulled out my Gandalf the White box so I can prove I purchased it. Asmus will probably want us to sign and take a picture of the COA again.

I was going to pick this up until I heard about the head. If there is a replacement confirmed, I'll go ahead and get it. The figure is not perfect, but still the best Gandalf the white, since there really aren't any other options that I'm aware of.

Asmus will this head be available on its own for purchase, or strictly for gtw owners only? Thanks

Asmus will this head be available on its own for purchase, or strictly for gtw owners only? Thanks

Yes,
"Update pack" has been an idea in our mind all the time,
this will provide collectors to update their figures with us, without the need to spend extra money to buy a brand new set figure of 2nd or 3rd versions.

So I think this is a very good idea.

Well, I decided to pick up my first Asmus this week and despite reading everything the pros for the Gandalf outweigh the cons in my eyes (especially at the price he is going for now). Especially after reading that they will be doing a head update I figured what the hell and I have some customization options in mind to give it good shelf presence until then. Can't wait to contribute my initial thoughts. Now Asmus, please please make a Gimli or some other awesome dwarves! Dwarf fans get no love!
d0f3e83a08eb432cec7031f8acbe4670.jpg

I just part-ex my ACI Aragorn for the Asmus GtW - mainly as saw that they were planning on an expansion pack with a newly sculpted head. Any news or updates as to when that will be released?

Any update on the new head? Just got my Gandalf and I love him and can't wait till the head is as amazing as Saruman!

If you think about an update pack for GTW figure, please add a fully white vest.

Back