Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got a note back from Asmus stating that my eye paint and thinner painted hair is the "New" paint scheme for 'Slim Frodo'... I'm told that's what everyone will be getting with the new slim. I'll be curious to see.

Still think I like the bluer blue eyes on the original Frodo paint from the 2-pack.

The tailoring on both Frodo and Sam are outstanding IMO. These slim versions are my first Asmus though, so not much to go on.

That's a bummer WG... although I'm not surprised; trying to get anything replaced due to paint issues seems near impossible as companies claim it's either intentional or a normal variation :lol

That's a bummer WG... although I'm not surprised; trying to get anything replaced due to paint issues seems near impossible as companies claim it's either intentional or a normal variation :lol

True, although they were kind enough to include a couple pictures they took of their stock to prove their point, so that helped. They also offered me a replacement head if I like, but returning the original head is at my cost. Of course, there's not much sense in replacement if this is Frodo's new paint scheme.

I figure I'll wait and see what other people get when their Frodo Slim arrives. If there's a big disparity still, then I'll contact them again.

I figure I'll wait and see what other people get when their Frodo Slim arrives. If there's a big disparity still, then I'll contact them again.

Heya Wor-Gar. Here are some pics of my Slim and The Eye of Baggins. Clearly very different from yours. Ordered from BBTS at the end of December and arrived a couple of weeks ago. Sorry your disappointed with yours - apparently "slim" is applicable to more than just leaving out accessories. Although why change the eyes?

_1040814.jpg

eye.jpg

Heya Wor-Gar. Here are some pics of my Slim and The Eye of Baggins. Clearly very different from yours. Ordered from BBTS at the end of December and arrived a couple of weeks ago. Sorry your disappointed with yours - apparently "slim" is applicable to more than just leaving out accessories. Although why change the eyes?

Thanks for the pictures. Not sure if they had leftover Frodos from the 2-pack that they sent to retailers as slims the last couple months. Besides you there is also countbanks above who said he has a "slim" and the eyes are bright blue and clear.

Here's one of the pictures they sent me to say this is the new paintwork for slim Frodo...

new eyes 5-8-18.jpg

The blue they're doing now is closer to green with that brown star added. The eyes just don't pop like the original blue-eyed Frodo. They look dark from afar.

I'm going to keep these pictures and if newer ones also show up with eyes different then mine, then I'll go back to Asmus and lodge a complaint or ask for a refund.

But when did you get yours? Is that from the v2 Frodo/Sam 2-pack?

I think mine is the first of the new batch of Frodo heads with the new paintwork -- meaning the newly just-release Frodo Slim boxes and the soon-to-be released v2 Frodo head Expansion set.

Everyone else has the clear blue eyes -- as you can see by the photos. The new paint, as it was explained to me, includes some new colors including the "brown star" in the iris and is coming with all new slim Frodos and expansion heads from this point forward.

Personally I like the old 'blue eyes' better. At least as far as pictures go. The new paint to me seems very dark unless you get close.

But when did you get yours? Is that from the v2 Frodo/Sam 2-pack?

I think mine is the first of the new batch of Frodo heads with the new paintwork -- meaning the newly just-release Frodo Slim boxes and the soon-to-be released v2 Frodo head Expansion set.

Just to clarify, V2 Frodo and Sam were never sold as a 2-pack. They were sold seperately, and indeed, shipped seperately as well. There was a 3-4 week lag between when Sam V2 shipped to me (direct from Asmus) and when Frodo V2 shipped. FWIW, mine have the deep blue colored eyes. I have yet to receive the expansion set I ordered (I also own the V1 Hobbits), it'll be interesting to see what shade the eyes are on that head.

Just to clarify, V2 Frodo and Sam were never sold as a 2-pack. They were sold seperately, and indeed, shipped seperately as well. There was a 3-4 week lag between when Sam V2 shipped to me (direct from Asmus) and when Frodo V2 shipped. FWIW, mine have the deep blue colored eyes. I have yet to receive the expansion set I ordered (I also own the V1 Hobbits), it'll be interesting to see what shade the eyes are on that head.

So did Asmus have a first-run on slim Frodo v2... and are now doing a 2nd run? I don't understand the paint change. I know some slims went out early because I have everyone's pictures that posted.

I'll be very curious to see what you get in the coming expansion pack.

If I'm to get my blue-eyed Frodo, I'll need more evidence that those are still shipping to people but not me. After all, that's what I thought I was buying, not this brown star eyed version.

I got my slim Frodo and slim Sam directly from Asmus. Initial release. I have to admit that I like mine, overall, better than the newer release.

I knew yours was initial because I have your pictures from January 25th. I have detailed files.

Yep, I like it better too... in fact, that's my issue -- I thought that's what I was getting. The fact that they changed the paintwork in mid-release kind of pisses me off.

Now I get the excuse, "well all of our new figures have crappy eyes so you don't get a good one anymore" is not sitting well with me.

Thanks! Clearly the early adopters got the clear blue eyes. Any v2 Frodos bought between Jan - April.

So there's no one here who's waiting for a new Frodo? I was the last person? :lol

I guess I'll see when those "expansion heads" get released.

For those of us who arrive late to this party, could anyone in the know summarize the problem, putting some pictures together for comparison?
Does this affect Sam?
m.

Thanks! Clearly the early adopters got the clear blue eyes. Any v2 Frodos bought between Jan - April.

So there's no one here who's waiting for a new Frodo? I was the last person? :lol

I guess I'll see when those "expansion heads" get released.

Back