Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just got Sam in directly from Asmus. First time ordering directly from them. I have two issues. First, the scabbard belt came completely deteriorated and is split and peeled. Second, is it normal for the head to be filled with a black foam that stains the neck?

Hey there..... got a new Samwise Slim version from a HK retail seller. Mine has the same problem with the pleather baldric - completely deteriorated and flaked away.

The head sculpt in mine has the same foam but it hasn't stained the neck. However, the neck plug in the head sculpt has been seated crooked so Sam's always looking off. The neck itself doesn't seem to seat itself properly either. It can be hidden with the cloak but it's annoying.

I've recently been looking into getting all 4 hobbits (maybe Bilbo too) custom rooted hair. Obviously this is an expensive risk but I much prefer rooted sculpts.

I just read on here Asmus are looking to release more of the 4 hobbits? Am I correct in thinking they will have new sculpts as a sort of expansion pack (like you could get with rooted Aragorn Slim)??

If so, I may wait to see what the new sculpts are like before spending any money. No doubt Asmus won't root the hobbits hair.

I just read on here Asmus are looking to release more of the 4 hobbits?

I think these will just be reissues. But if Asmus wanted to have another go at Sam, Merry and Pippin I won't be complaining. I think Frodo has a solid headsculpt already so I have little interest in picking up an updated version at this stage.

I think these will just be reissues. But if Asmus wanted to have another go at Sam, Merry and Pippin I won't be complaining. I think Frodo has a solid headsculpt already so I have little interest in picking up an updated version at this stage.

Ah I see! I agree to be honest. The Slim sculpts are better than the originals all bar Pippin. Would prefer to display with that if I could get one!

Ah I see! I agree to be honest. The Slim sculpts are better than the originals all bar Pippin. Would prefer to display with that if I could get one!

We will restock the hobbits, improve if we can, the 4 hobbits are the characters we plan not to ever run out.

We will restock the hobbits, improve if we can, the 4 hobbits are the characters we plan not to ever run out.

Great to hear! Will there be expansion pack options to upgrade head sculpts and accessories to any future additions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam - A
Frodo - A-
Pippin - B+
Merry - C

If you improve any head sculpts please let it be Merry, thanks.

Sam - A
Frodo - A-
Pippin - B+
Merry - C

If you improve any head sculpts please let it be Merry, thanks.

Lol. My order would be Frodo, Pippin, Merry and then Sam being in a distant last place with the biggest need of a new head sculpt.

The lol was not meant to knock your opinion. I just found it interesting the one you like the best is the one I think is the worst but then we rank the other three in the same order. Did you do any futzing to the head?

I think part of Sam’s problem is the hollow head is a little distorted. I would love to see them take another crack at his head sculpt.

I?m still waiting for my Sam to be delivered but I have the other 3 slim versions. Frodo is 9/10, Merry 7/10 but Pippin I?d say more 5 or 6/10. His expression just doesn?t work on display for the more serious scenarios.
I?d still put Sam on par with Merry from what I have seen. Just WISH they were rooted hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold on folks. How you gonna say that Merry bears a closer resemblance than Sam? What? Talking SLIM here.

Lol. My order would be Frodo, Pippin, Merry and then Sam being in a distant last place with the biggest need of a new head sculpt.

The lol was not meant to knock your opinion. I just found it interesting the one you like the best is the one I think is the worst but then we rank the other three in the same order. Did you do any futzing to the head?

No it's cool. It's just that to my eye Sam is so obviously the character I know from the films whereas Merry... He just doesn't look like the actor at all to me.

I've never really heard anyone say the Hobbits are great figures, though I have heard quite the opposite. Being so central to LOTR, they could use a revisit and a 2.0 all around.

A long shot, but... Does anybody have any accessories for sale? Looking for the Phial of Galadriel, Slim Pippin?s Pipe & 4 x hobbit sized Fellowship Cloaks?! Tried ToyAnxiety, but no luck. Are there any other sites to try?

Back