Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point in the hobby I'm tired of the fact that these companies keep taking a dump on us and the given expectation for us to fix their products to look right has become normalized. And it's not just this crap ass company, it's pretty much across the board with figures and statues. I shouldn't have had to become a good painter, sculptor and detailer and buy all of the supplies to do that just to enjoy a hobby, but that's exactly what's happened.
This hobby sucks.

No argument there. The fact that many in the hobby look at these final stock figures as a partially filled canvases for their own creative expression no doubt contributes to the lack of accountability by the companies producing them. The hobby very well might suck. Addictive tho...

On a related note, quick straw poll: Who is still sticking around here?
1. Angry non-buyer, still venting frustrations
2. Begrudgingly bitter buyer who isn't happy, but won't back out (non-customizer)
3. Happy buyer (non-customizer)
4. Customizer who definitely wants it, but is bitter about the work necessary to 'fix it'
5. Happy buyer, eager to get to customizing because that is the fun part.

At this point in the hobby I'm tired of the fact that these companies keep taking a dump on us and the given expectation for us to fix their products to look right has become normalized. And it's not just this crap ass company, it's pretty much across the board with figures and statues. I shouldn't have had to become a good painter, sculptor and detailer and buy all of the supplies to do that just to enjoy a hobby, but that's exactly what's happened.
This hobby sucks.
Painting and customizing things, using creativity and artistic skills is a hobby.

Buying something from the internet and setting it on a shelf to look at is not really much of a hobby...it's collecting. My mom collects fancy plates with pretty flowers. She gets one and sets it on a shelf to look at..not a hobby. My aunt makes pottery, thats a hobby.

Painting and customizing things, using creativity and artistic skills is a hobby.

Buying something from the internet and setting it on a shelf to look at is not really much of a hobby...it's collecting. My mom collects fancy plates with pretty flowers. She gets one and sets it on a shelf to look at..not a hobby. My aunt makes pottery, thats a hobby.
So change the word "hobby" to "collecting". Arguing semantics doesn't detract anything from what I said. Nice try though.

It's absolutely a hobby but apparently that dude sees it differently than practically anyone else. Also there's this- "The hobby of collecting includes seeking, locating, acquiring, organizing, cataloging, displaying, storing, and maintaining items that are of interest to an individual collector. Collecting is a childhood hobby for some people, but for others a lifelong pursuit or something started in adulthood."

Regardless, it doesn't change my point though. lol

My bad. I looked up the definition.
Clicking "add to cart", waiting
for the mail and putting something on a shelf is indeed a hobby and a worthwhile way to spend your past time. I stand corrected.

Here is a screen shot of a comment on the Webster page...
Screenshot_20220201-115234_Chrome.jpg

There are four current discussions threads (counting this one) that the following post/reply could apply to.

For the past few weeks, I read a discussion thread ranging from what occurred with the Ash Williams figures (this thread), how a known HK vendor is refusing to refund or ship a customer his figures that are paid for by refusing to communicate with the customer because the customer supposedly came off rude while admins and certain members of known Facebook discussion groups are siding with the vendor, a number of collectors who are supposedly oblivious to fake and incorrect shipping/tracking information while being "forced" to pay inflated shipping costs for expedited shipping when it's anything, but expedited, and the idiocy about a celebrity licensed figure that is supposedly making progress, but marred by the buffoonery of its marketing/project director revealing much awkward and peculiar behind the scenes antics leading to questions of credibility and integrity.

So what does all the preceding have in common (not that anyone gives a . . . )?

It got us collectors directly and indirectly at one another's throat in varying degrees where we're splintering for reasons right, wrong, and indifferent due to the common theme of coming across indifferent to issues of accountability and the acceptance/support of mediocrity and poor quality products for our money that is advocated by a minority with lasting ramifications for the majority and the minority comes across as being butt hurt when such is clearly called out not to mention the mob mentality of defending outright lapse of business ethic by a vendor where apparently thievery is condoned and excused due to egos and popularity within a certain segment of the 1:6 hobby.

Maybe it's time for the 1:6 hobby to be totally turned upside down and let all aspects be screwed over and see where it goes for better or worse and let those responsible be left to their own demise?

Anyone know any tutorials on how to paint nipples? And what color paint to use?
I'm still practicing skin tones myself so don't take this as gospel, but in my opinion you will NOT want to put too much effort or too much color on it. The last thing you want is for the nipples to be pronounced and draw the eye to them. Get some tan or super crazy light brown that is just a shade or two darker than your skin tone. Maybe dry brush a tiny bit of pink or a different shade of skin tone to break up the color so it doesn't look flat. All that said, if you nipples are noticeable, you probably overdid them. My 2 cents anyways...

Anyone know any tutorials on how to paint nipples? And what color paint to use?
Get yourself a set of pastels in a wide color range. You can shave a bit off into a powder with a hobby knife/razorblade and lightly color the nipple (applied with small brush or pointed cotton swab- not the kind for your ears). it will look more natural than paint. A good pastel with high pigmentation will stain most plastics and rubber so no real need to seal it. If you do want to seal it, i spritz of hairspray does the job.

EDIT: Vallejo makes/sells jars of pigment. Great for weathering etc. Those work great to stain nipples but it is way more cost effective to just scrape a pastel stick and make your own powder.

1/6th scale nipple pigmentation......................now THAT'S a hobby!

Last edited:
I would have normally helped ya, but I am only a "collector". But since Brian is a "hobbyist" and I am not, maybe (probably) he can help you paint some nipples.

Maybe one day I can be the hobbyist that Brian is. Just maybe.
been building models, figures, railroad dioramas and much more since age 10. 40 years of practice and still more to learn, it's a very complex hobby with infinite skills and techniques to learn, a very challenging and rewarding hobby.

I also collect groceries at the store, pay for them and come home and arrange them in my fridge and pantry. Man, I never realized just how many hobbies I have! JKLOL

Get yourself a set of pastels in a wide color range. You can shave a bit off into a powder with a hobby knife/razorblade and lightly color the nipple (applied with small brush or pointed cotton swab- not the kind for your ears). it will look more natural than paint. A good pastel with high pigmentation will stain most plastics and rubber so no real need to seal it. If you do want to seal it, i spritz of hairspray does the job.

EDIT: Vallejo makes/sells jars of pigment. Great for weathering etc. Those work great to stain nipples but it is way more cost effective to just scrape a pastel stick and make your own powder.

1/6th scale nipple pigmentation......................now THAT'S a hobby!
I use pastels for weathering the clothes. Never thought to use it for the nipples. You think that will stain/work on a Phicen body?

I use pastels for weathering the clothes. Never thought to use it for the nipples. You think that will stain/work on a Phicen body?
Phicen bodies are made of silicone and that actually can work pretty well. I've seen someone paint one using woman's makeup kit, I believe it's similar to pastels. Definitely think it will remain on the body if they stain normal pvc rubber bodies.

Back