Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few little washes around the cheeks to lighten em up and some added gloss to the scars and blood, but other than that it's as it was. I also didn't have any issues with it on the neck post at all. 🤷‍♂️
I had no issues with the Possessed Ash neck post either but was still gas lighted into making me believe everything I was experiencing was a lie and my own hands on experience was only an illusion I told myself in order to justify this purchase.

What a community this place has become.

It's kind of like moving into a new house. In the beginning you immediately notice all the little things you don't like about it and want to change/fix/upgrade, but as time goes by your eyes become accustomed to them, and your objection to most of those deficiencies begins to fade as you either accept them, stop seeing them, or simply become apathetic to them.

I'm an Evil Dead collector (figures, memorabilia, props) so it was unlikely I was ever going to cancel my pre-order, but my rage is dying down as I become accustomed to the deficiencies with this figure, and accept that I will need to make improvements at my own cost.

With that said, Asmus won't see another dime from me after this. Not solely because of this release, but because of their duplicitous conduct, and non-existent customer service. No thanks.
--

The great late George Carlin had a saying about that.

To paraphrase . . .

You have a lot of stuff, but not enough place for all of your stuff.

What do you do?

Move to a bigger place and put all your stuff at the bigger new place.

Soon, you realize you have a lot more place than stuff.

So what do you do now?

Get more stuff.

Nowhere in the preceding is there mention about examining all the little things for fixes, etc. This is where the brand "wins" every time.

I had no issues with the Possessed Ash neck post either but was still gas lighted into making me believe everything I was experiencing was a lie and my own hands on experience was only an illusion I told myself in order to justify this purchase.

What a community this place has become.
If I recall correctly, when you said you have no problem with the neck post, nobody here said/stated that you are having an illusion.
What was discussed here was, there are people who bought the luxury edition version (even some members here) who experienced issues with the deadite Ash's neckpost. So it might not be for all unit/batches, but the issue is real.

Took some time this weekend to mess with Ash. As far away as possible about being happy with how Asmus handled all of this, but I figured I'd make the best out of a bad situation. (Apologies for the less than stellar cell phone pictures.)

View attachment 559702

View attachment 559703

Looks really good! I'll be swapping the body with an S01 as well.

And uh...I'm going to need to know where you got that belt you're using for Deadite Ash lol.

Took some time this weekend to mess with Ash. As far away as possible about being happy with how Asmus handled all of this, but I figured I'd make the best out of a bad situation. (Apologies for the less than stellar cell phone pictures.)

View attachment 559702

View attachment 559703

The likeness looks pretty great for Ash IMO. Nice job on the additional work!

Damn, thought I might be content with the full shirt look, but rewatching the movie there's no question that the most iconic and badass moment in the entire film is when he emerges from the cellar in the torn shirt. So guess I'll need to grab an extra shirt off ebay after all.

Damn, thought I might be content with the full shirt look, but rewatching the movie there's no question that the most iconic and badass moment in the entire film is when he emerges from the cellar in the torn shirt. So guess I'll need to grab an extra shirt off ebay after all.
--

I watched the trilogy on HBO Max.

Upon viewing (not the first time), I believe there needs to be four versions of Ash.

One from the first film.
Two from the second film.
One from the last film (ARMY OF DARKNESS).

If we're getting technical, then another version of Ash from ASH VS. EVIL DEAD series.

I kinda feel the same now. Hopefully they put the Luxury parted out on ebay I can get the torn shirt there.

--

I watched the trilogy on HBO Max.

Upon viewing (not the first time), I believe there needs to be four versions of Ash.

One from the first film.
Two from the second film.
One from the last film (ARMY OF DARKNESS).

If we're getting technical, then another version of Ash from ASH VS. EVIL DEAD series.
I would probably throw in a new S-Mart Ash as well.

Actually I was planning to just get a whole shirt and do the tearing up myself, since it doesn't look like they did the best job with that anyway.
Yeah that does make more sense. Definitely can't wait to see how your Ash turns out.

If I recall correctly, when you said you have no problem with the neck post, nobody here said/stated that you are having an illusion.
What was discussed here was, there are people who bought the luxury edition version (even some members here) who experienced issues with the deadite Ash's neckpost. So it might not be for all unit/batches, but the issue is real.
No, 3 or 4 people told me different, the neck peg is too long and I must just be insane. :D
Screenshot_20220131-192238_Chrome-01.jpeg

No, 3 or 4 people told me different, the neck peg is too long and I must just be insane. :DView attachment 559774
English is not my main language, but from what I understand, I think Dabas meant 3-4 people have different experience with yours on the neck connector.
I think the community is fine, with members having different opinions.
I personally don't think that you are insane, Brian. I think it's just asmus' inconsistency. Just like Crown Gandalf's staff. Some have holes some don't.
Those with overly long neck connector needs to cut it (as a member here did), as for those who don't have hole in the staff, they need to make one.
Shouldn't need to do such things on luxury nor crown edition, though.

Asmus should change their name to 'DIY-Toys'...

Their motto: 'hey just cut a hole in it yourself...voila!' 'hey just do the cut and sew yourself...voila!' 'hey just repaint every thing yourself...voila!'

At this point in the hobby I'm tired of the fact that these companies keep taking a dump on us and the given expectation for us to fix their products to look right has become normalized. And it's not just this crap ass company, it's pretty much across the board with figures and statues. I shouldn't have had to become a good painter, sculptor and detailer and buy all of the supplies to do that just to enjoy a hobby, but that's exactly what's happened.
This hobby sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how this thread became a thread dedicated to fixing the $350 figure so that it is acceptable…not “improving” by the way…FIXING.

I agree with prior comments/observations about how this thread took a turn.

It went from outrage and calling out the brand's faults and wrongs with this release to now a forced perspective on how what's wrong the luxury set can be fixed by those with the experience and skills to do (i.e., customizers) and indirectly if you're not a customizer, then it sucks to be you because you're out of luck in fixing it without spending $ based on how you want it fixed. ...

Maybe I just don't buy enough "high end" items that are perfect out of the box, but don't most threads pretty much move into 'fix and improve' status after the first couple weeks? Once the general hate/love comments start to get repetitive, the non-customizers will make their 'yay or nay' decision and move on to other things.
The customizers will stick around and provide innovative new content keeping the thread relevant. Quite the contrary to being 'funny', it is pretty much the natural order of things.

Back