Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dudes, they're just going to hire some kids to butter the back of Henrittas head with glue and slap some fake ass Linda hair on her. No way this is going to get better. It's already meme worthy. lmao

View attachment 556214
--

I made that on Thursday/Friday, but I cannot take credit for it.

Someone else posted the image as a meme for the PC game BATTLEFIELD 2042 with all the criticisms.

I replaced two copies of BATTLEFIELD 2042 with two figures of Ash Williams and posted/shared it within this thread and one other group I am a member of.

That's the story. Oh, well.

I agree.

This thread is reflecting more poorly on collectors at this point. We get it, this figure did not meet expectations. At this point, just cancel your order and/or get your money back. But everybody wants to be a 'cool kid' and make jokes, when you're really just being a bully.
I think this thread could use some much needed levity and perspective. Or should we just continue to make claims like "they didn't put clothes on the back of the figure because I only saw a photo of the front"?
Seems constructive...

--

I made that on Thursday/Friday, but I cannot take credit for it.

Someone else posted the image as a meme for the PC game BATTLEFIELD 2042 with all the criticisms.

I replaced two copies of BATTLEFIELD 2042 with two figures of Ash Williams and posted/shared it within this thread and one other group I am a member of.

That's the story. Oh, well.
In no means was I taking credit. I thought it was hilarious and reposted it from osr.

I stated that because the reviewer said so. So there's that . . .
Sorry, it was not a personal attack.
That said...what do we do about the FACT that there is freaking chainsaw glue???
Xacto it off? Do a black wash? Grab our pitchforks?
Every single chainsaw will have globs and globs of glue oozing out of every seam!!
I have it on high authority

It was a joke😁

Someone saw the velcro fly not closed all the way in the video and expertly concluded that the tailoring is so bad you can't close the pants.

I was pointing out the absurdity of stating facts based on nothing more than a photo.

This release has numerous very legitimate issues, but as with many first in hand photos people tend to freak out over non issues as well.
Gotcha. He's not perfect but good in hand. I showed him to my wife who's not into the hobby at all and she said "looks cool" so that was my litmus test. Lol! Big Evil Dead fan so if he looked like crap I'd definitely say so. I understand the complaints but they seem extreme like it's a barbie level figure which is absurd. I guess mileage will vary depending on expectations and individual figs upon receiving. For $200 he's good 👍.

I think this thread could use some much needed levity and perspective. Or should we just continue to make claims like "they didn't put clothes on the back of the figure because I only saw a photo of the front"?
Seems constructive...
--

I don't necessarily believe "false" claims were made intentionally asides from "the joke" given the ongoing frustration with the figure's quality and less transparent responses from @$MU$ about the situation along with their "official announcement".

I agree about initial knee jerk reactions by some where it could have been overblown.

In the grand scheme of things, collectors have a legitimate right to voice complaints and criticisms in varying degrees because it's their money.

@$MU$ is notorious regarding production quality based on clearly proven past instances.

As for collectors looking bad, I say @$MU$ looks worse than those collectors.

I think a lot of the "bullying" is because this is Ash and there probably won't be another chance at another for a long, long time.

Still don't understand why they bothered to include 2 "seamless" arms or why they bothered with the stupid chainsaw rumble feature. These are 2 things that could've had their cost go towards the overall quality of the figure.

--

I am NOT criticizing/ridiculing you in anyway.

I simply want to know/understand your "perspective" on still rationalizing paying the price (i.e., $350.00 USD) for a figure that is supposed to be defect free, but is not and you knowing the various faults of the figure will spend effort, money, and time to further customize it.
I'm passionate about evil dead and like customising ash figures, I also like to decide for myself by seeing the figure in person, from what I've seen I'm quite happy with the figure.

The base looks good in that review video i must say. The wrist seam on Henrietta’s arm looks bad though, i think the base looks better without her anyway tbh.

Uh, oh.

I believe I am now on @$MU$'s "hit list".

George sent me a message.

For transparency, I never reached out to @$MU$ via the Collector Freaks PM system.

1642298052719.png

I'm not inclined to respond.

My impression and view is already set in stone about @$MU$ and will not change.

It’s a good thing that the Sideshow orders are shipping with 2 Henrietta’s, because if history is any indication, the only way that the people who already got their hairless Henrietta’s from Asmus will ever see replacements will be when the Sideshow folks sell their extra Henrietta’s to them on EBay.

I think a lot of the "bullying" is because this is Ash and there probably won't be another chance at another for a long, long time.

Still don't understand why they bothered to include 2 "seamless" arms or why they bothered with the stupid chainsaw rumble feature. These are 2 things that could've had their cost go towards the overall quality of the figure.
--

"Bullying"?

Really?

How else do upset collectors respond to them considering they're obviously and very arrogant and defiant about everything they screw up without ever being apologetic with humility and sincerity that they've never conveyed?

EH . . . but I digress.

It’s a good thing that the Sideshow orders are shipping with 2 Henrietta’s, because if history is any indication, the only way that the people who already got their hairless Henrietta’s from Asmus will ever see replacements will be when the Sideshow folks sell their extra Henrietta’s to them on EBay.
--

Profiteering indeed.

It is what it is.

Hoping to see someone have a go at repainting the head. Almost 100% of the personality behind the facial expression is lost thanks to Asmus not dark shading the epicanthic folds or eyelids. What was originally a focused stare forward on the prototype now looks like an emotionless glance upwards. View attachment 556193
yeah, thats an unacceptable drop from proto right there. Tailoring is also pretty big drop.

We have quite a few people here whom have obviously invested in this figure and the license, and come hell or high water they are gonna defend this lack luster release.

IF this had been sub 250, I MIGHT be more understanding. But if your gonna gonna break the ceiling on 350 for a figure with shipping, you better frigging deliver at least proto like quality.

If anyone wants to see what a 275 dollar figure with a kick ass base and tones of great accessories, AND a second head sculpt ACTUALLY, looks like, see Pennywise from HT.

and yeah, also seems like we may have some PR people on this thread.

Asmus, your posts sound condescending and self righteous. Your CUSTOMERS are upset with what they are seeing and the responses you are giving….and you seem very much annoyed by that. With that kind of attitude, you’re not going to win more customers…..just sayin.

And also seems to be some gaslighting going on here, posts blaming collectors???? For what? getting a product they expected in a much lower quality than they PAID for?

So according to Asmus and some forum “members” the customers should just shut up and hand over thier money???

NICE!

and yeah, also seems like we may have some PR people on this thread.

Asmus, your posts sound condescending and self righteous. Your CUSTOMERS are upset with what they are seeing and the responses you are giving….and you seem very much annoyed by that. With that kind of attitude, you’re not going to win more customers…..just sayin.

And also seems to be some gaslighting going on here, posts blaming collectors???? For what? getting a product they expected in a much lower quality than they PAID for?

So according to Asmus and some forum “members” the customers should just shut up and hand over thier money???

NICE!
--

tenor.gif

Back