Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah def happy about the replacement body. It's nice to see a high end figure company directly address a mistake. It was enough to take me off the fence, I preordered a few hours ago. This figure was about $20 over priced in my mind if u went thru bbts, so I think we are paying for it. But forget complaining I'm just happy to have Eowyn and a better witch king

If asmus keeps up their current business practices, I for see them building a very loyal fan base. Plus LOTR practically sells itself.

Well done Asmus! I have purchased or PO'ed all of your LOTR figures to date and will likely continue to fully support the line.

Waaaaaaaaay Ahead of Ya'll, I actually had the first Sideshow Darth Vader Body laying around which I used to replace that TERRIBLE body from Morgul Lord. Not only is the body tighter but it's also 14" tall and bulkier. What the HELL was Amus Toys thinking with that first body? Useless!

TBH there isn't much to say. Armor is pretty easy to remove. There is just the legs and arms and trust me it's really easy.

Hardest part for me was remembering the order of putting back ALL those layers of tattared fabric. The armor pieces notably the hinged parts are quite fragile as well and broke a couple**And that's why I keep super glue always within my reach.

Is anyone pre-ordering Eowyn and doesn't need the replacement body? I'd be happy to toss you a few bucks for it if you fit that description!

I don't think Asmus guaranteed the replacement body with Eowyn, did they? He said they were trying to make that happen, probably because its the last figure to be released in 2014. I don't expect we'll get her in the states before Feb 2015.

That would figure... 2 weeks after I finally get an ANH Vader body and complete modifications (unalterable ones) and finish assembling the figure, we now get the promised body :lol

I'm still on the fence about Eowyn... and my only reservation is not wanting to get back into a large LOTR collection. I just sold off my Fellowship except for Gandalf and Aragorn and was thinking of just having 3 to 5 figures. But if I get Eowyn that's far enough down the chain of importance I'd have to get like 20 figures just for her to make sense :lol

TBH there isn't much to say. Armor is pretty easy to remove. There is just the legs and arms and trust me it's really easy.

Agreed, not bad at all... still a good idea to heat up the armor when putting it back on just in case the new bodies are thicker than the old. But even when I ported him to the Vader body (which is thicker) it there was more than enough clearance.

Waaaaaaaaay Ahead of Ya'll, I actually had the first Sideshow Darth Vader Body laying around which I used to replace that TERRIBLE body from Morgul Lord. Not only is the body tighter but it's also 14" tall and bulkier. What the HELL was Amus Toys thinking with that first body? Useless!

I took the old body apart and put a ht p1 bodies arms and legs and put them on it. It work great and no height lost. I mite end up selling this xtra body. I just wanted a little bit extra before I pulled the trigger on eowyn.

I don't think Asmus guaranteed the replacement body with Eowyn, did they? He said they were trying to make that happen, probably because its the last figure to be released in 2014. I don't expect we'll get her in the states before Feb 2015.

They announced it officially today.. Replacement body will be packed in with Eowyn

They announced it officially today.. Replacement body will be packed in with Eowyn

Oh good. Yep, just saw that on Facebook. With a picture no less.

I think that helps alot with the purchase price for me at BBTS.

10635811_10152203673086968_2182214767656991394_n.jpg

Last edited:
Of course this doesn't help the people who purchased the Morgul Lord but weren't planning on getting Eowyn.

And that would be me.

Funny, Asmus stated that the edition size for Eowyn was going to be 500 yet wasn't the Morgul Lord edition size more like 2,000? So only 1 in 4 are getting the upgrade?

I understand that this figure, if purchased, would be displayed with the Morgul Lord. However, I think it would have been better to add the extra body to either the Ringwraith or Aragorn... figures more people would be inclined to purchase.

Still confused by that sentence 'free only with pre-order'. Do only pre-orders at Asmus count or are third party retailers included? And how would that work, only supply a limited amount or something?

Of course this doesn't help the people who purchased the Morgul Lord but weren't planning on getting Eowyn.

And that would be me.

Funny, Asmus stated that the edition size for Eowyn was going to be 500 yet wasn't the Morgul Lord edition size more like 2,000? So only 1 in 4 are getting the upgrade?

I understand that this figure, if purchased, would be displayed with the Morgul Lord. However, I think it would have been better to add the extra body to either the Ringwraith or Aragorn... figures more people would be inclined to purchase.

By that reasoning it makes more sense to pack it with Eowyn. People will be more inclined to buy her because the body for the figure you'll be displaying her with is included.

Still confused by that sentence 'free only with pre-order'. Do only pre-orders at Asmus count or are third party retailers included? And how would that work, only supply a limited amount or something?

The way they work is that every order is a pre-order. So every Eowyn will come with a Morgul Lord replacement body. It was stated that includes 3rd party retailers.

Also, they've said the makers of the Morgul Lord body WILL be offering it for sale, individually. So it will be available if you don't buy Eowyn. The only difference is, it won't be black (and you'll have to pay for it, obviously).

Do we know who that company is yet? (I assume it's not Kaustic Plastic?)

I doubt very much that they sold 2,000 Morgul Lords. That was Asmus' first figure and they've learned alot about the market from that. They dropped Gandalf down to 1,000 pieces. Gandalf. And they mentioned doing something new with their Morgul Lord so my guess is they have many left-over pieces -- enough to do some small surprise run -- either a 2.0 will be offered or some variant (a crumpled Morgul Lord? :lol)

That said, I do believe people that got Morgul Lord should have an opportunity to get the promised replacement body thru some venue (beyond Eowyn) with proof of purchase.

Last edited:
Back