Asmus Toys: Eomer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Éomer

I just got my figure today. Here are some unfutzed photos.

Eomer 1.JPG
Eomer 2.JPG
Eomer 3.JPG
Eomer 4.JPG

I don't really see any faults with the likeness. I've been enthralled with Éomer since seeing the Two Towers. Much like Chris Evans in Captain America, blond hair somehow transforms Karl Urban from 'handsome guy' to 'apotheosis of manhood' territory for me. I'd have to see a better sculpt to really find fault with this one.

The neck gap may was an unavoidable design choice, short of making an elongated silicone neck to compensate (which would be a lot of expensive tooling). I think carefully positioning the hair will take care of it for normal viewing. Overall this figure is just phenomenal. I folded the "chain mail" sleeves up slightly to better match where it lays on the actual costume.

I got my Mr. Z 1:6 horse earlier this week to start work on Firefoot. Right before posting, I bought a second Éomer from Asmus, so I can have him mounted with his helmet on too. I'll eventually try re-hairing him.

That neck gap looks brutal. I was always planning on having him wear his helm and now that is only reinforced.

Everything else is great. Curious to see the amazing work that our local customizers can do here.

That is quite a spear!

And quite a neck hole. Thankful for the long hair. But the overall figure looks great. Love the red and gold coloring. Will add a little pop to the LOTR shelf.

... blond hair somehow transforms Karl Urban from 'handsome guy' to 'apotheosis of manhood' territory for me. ....

This is an interesting fact that will now never be forgotten. :)

I just got my figure today. Here are some unfutzed photos.

I don't really see any faults with the likeness. I've been enthralled with Éomer since seeing the Two Towers. Much like Chris Evans in Captain America, blond hair somehow transforms Karl Urban from 'handsome guy' to 'apotheosis of manhood' territory for me. I'd have to see a better sculpt to really find fault with this one.

The neck gap may was an unavoidable design choice, short of making an elongated silicone neck to compensate (which would be a lot of expensive tooling). I think carefully positioning the hair will take care of it for normal viewing. Overall this figure is just phenomenal. I folded the "chain mail" sleeves up slightly to better match where it lays on the actual costume.

I got my Mr. Z 1:6 horse earlier this week to start work on Firefoot. Right before posting, I bought a second Éomer from Asmus, so I can have him mounted with his helmet on too. I'll eventually try re-hairing him.

For sure Karl Urban is just - awesome. To me kind've like Kurt Russell e.g give them the worst script in the world, and they'd still be great to watch. IMO ASMUS at their price point is just NAILING figs lately.

Sure, things could always be BETTER. Hand-tooled leather, diecast, mohair hair...but the average custom sculpt is what, 300$ ?:horror

Just sorry I have to wait to order:(. I don't do much LOTR but he'll work nicely with Gimli. Gotta be restrained in case ASMUS really does re-release Gandalf e.g. pace myself.

Thanks for posting pics - luv fresh out of the box pics!:clap

Really dig this figure!

Had a chance to pose and futz with him. Great work on the details. Particularly the tiny details of the armor, helmet and chainmail. (It really is amazing the difference computer sculpting has had on this hobby over the last five or ten years.)

As for the likeness, I think he looks amazing with the helmet on. With it off, I think it would have helped to give him Eomer's signature scowl. But overall, I'm very satisfied. I'm also impressed with the hair. It's super-fine and feels less doll-like than you'd expect. (Same for Gimli and Thorin.) I don't know what Asmus is using for hair now, but there's almost an organic feel to it.

One tiny complaint I have, and I often have this with figures of many different companies, is that his "gripping" hands are too "open" to grip the accessories properly. But that's a minor nit. (I just tucked a tiny bit of earthquake putty in his palm and he holds that spear perfectly now.)

The rubbery armor and mail (which seem to be a vinyl type material) are pretty stiff and it limits his range of motion, but it doesn't interfere with the pose I'm using, so that's not an issue. Just something to keep in mind.

Overall, though, I'm totally happy with him! Awesome job, Asmus!

Really dig this figure!

Had a chance to pose and futz with him. Great work on the details. Particularly the tiny details of the armor, helmet and chainmail. (It really is amazing the difference computer sculpting has had on this hobby over the last five or ten years.)

As for the likeness, I think he looks amazing with the helmet on. With it off, I think it would have helped to give him Eomer's signature scowl. But overall, I'm very satisfied. I'm also impressed with the hair. It's super-fine and feels less doll-like than you'd expect. (Same for Gimli and Thorin.) I don't know what Asmus is using for hair now, but there's almost an organic feel to it.

One tiny complaint I have, and I often have this with figures of many different companies, is that his "gripping" hands are too "open" to grip the accessories properly. But that's a minor nit. (I just tucked a tiny bit of earthquake putty in his palm and he holds that spear perfectly now.)

The rubbery armor and mail (which seem to be a vinyl type material) are pretty stiff and it limits his range of motion, but it doesn't interfere with the pose I'm using, so that's not an issue. Just something to keep in mind.

Overall, though, I'm totally happy with him! Awesome job, Asmus!

Good to hear.

Personally, I can't say that I'm happy with the "rubbery armor" that is being produced by Asmus and ThreeZero lately. As you mentioned, its very difficult to pose and impossible to wrinkle, crease or otherwise shape to give a unique look to. I appreciate the detail it allows for but there is a clear sacrifice.

Caved in and ordered Eomer today...:slap

So much for me just getting Bilbo! :lol

Good to hear.

Personally, I can't say that I'm happy with the "rubbery armor" that is being produced by Asmus and ThreeZero lately. As you mentioned, its very difficult to pose and impossible to wrinkle, crease or otherwise shape to give a unique look to. I appreciate the detail it allows for but there is a clear sacrifice.

Articulation-wise, from the waist up, he's not bad at all. He's a little limited, but it's about what you'd realistically expect from a person wearing a suit of armor. I really love the detail that the rubbery/vinyl armor allows, though it could probably stand to be a little more flexible. I thought Thranduil's armor did a really nice job with that.

It's the waist/thigh area that gets dicey, primarily because of the rigidness of the diamond-shaped "fishscale" skirt. The chain mail layer is also somewhat stiff but it's much, much thinner, so it will bend more easily. But you're totally right, it definitely won't lay realistically when bent. No deep or sitting poses for this guy. And posing him on horseback will probably take some modding. I wish we could find a compromise material that had the look of the vinyl sculpt with the hang and flexibility of fabric.

Last edited:

I wish we could find a compromise material that had the look of the vinyl sculpt with the hang and flexibility of fabric.

It might not be what you're thinking about; but some companies have made lamellar and scale armor where each scale is a seperate piece sewn onto cloth backing.
It's not as flexible as cloth obviously but it's more flexible than rubber; enough that this figure can take a knee which my eomer can't really do.

5KWdHOU.jpg

0Yijuox.jpg

Caved in and ordered Eomer today...:slap

So much for me just getting Bilbo! :lol

LOL know the feeling:lol. Barely hanging on re Eomer...but thanks to family b-day, V-day, and ordering an IM (cheaper version), hafta wait.
Really want a horse to go with him too and the 1/6 horses I look at aren't that cheap either!:horror

15499801479698903361969788433984.jpg
Just received him! Overall the figure looks great. Pushed firmly the head down and the articulation fits better, hiding the gap between neck and headsculpt. Pulling the hair side strands to the front, hiding the ears, makes wonders for the likeness and overall look of the figure (just did it with my fingers straight out of the box, need some time to fuzz it a bit with a comb). As others said, the skirt is too thick and stiff, and it would be great if someone ever comes with a solution for replacing it. My biggest nit, anyway, is that my figure has the ankle joints too loose, and it's almost impossible for him to stand without the base.

I received Èomer last week but manage to play with him only yesterday. Grail figure for what it is (one of my favourite figures) and what it hints (Theoden King can be done and can be done GREATLY). I just need to find a way to style the hair properly but overall I love this figure. Ankle articulation is ok on mine but just like all the other non-booted Asmus figure I have (Legolas and Gandalf) it can stand up on its own but also fall down any time.

Asmus please give us FIREFOOT!!!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

I received Èomer last week but manage to play with him only yesterday. Grail figure for what it is (one of my favourite figures) and what it hints (Theoden King can be done and can be done GREATLY). I just need to find a way to style the hair properly but overall I love this figure. Ankle articulation is ok on mine but just like all the other non-booted Asmus figure I have (Legolas and Gandalf) it can stand up on its own but also fall down any time.

Asmus please give us FIREFOOT!!!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

if we do Firefoot,
would you guys prefer articulated or non-articulated (polystone, like statue)

if we do Firefoot,
would you guys prefer articulated or non-articulated (polystone, like statue)

Id want none articulated keep it looking as realistic as possible ... Unless there is such a thing as seamless horses haha
Shadowfax too please....

Back