Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 5 Nero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome to me too. I am grateful to have to have a company producing quality 1/6 video game characters. Not to mention, Asmus releases figures on a much more regular basis when compared to other companies.

I am not trying to deny all their results.
This Nero certainly has some good parts and some cool ones.

But their chronic problems make me hard.

Their body is so small, not muscular, that clothes are made tight, too.
Also, since 3 Dante, Head sculpts can't erase the feeling that something is lacking.

And now they've reduced the size of their weapons.
They are completely ignoring what we have loved in DMC.

Of course there are their own reasons, but I can't get it.

In the end I think it will be better in hand if not then they are definitely going to have to make sure Dante doesn't suffer the same outcome.

Face looks kinda weird to me, but the pre-production sculpt looked fine, might just be the paint or the lighting, sure it'll look good in hand looking at the DMC 3 Dante. The clothes only look off because the sweater/t-shirt combo is hitched above his belt, when it's supposed to be down further, will probably be fixed in the final product or in hand.

Face looks kinda weird to me, but the pre-production sculpt looked fine, might just be the paint or the lighting, sure it'll look good in hand looking at the DMC 3 Dante. The clothes only look off because the sweater/t-shirt combo is hitched above his belt, when it's supposed to be down further, will probably be fixed in the final product or in hand.

Nope. They said that's the Final product.

Nope. They said that's the Final product.

Yeah, but the shirt is something you can fix in hand is what I meant since it's just stuck above the belt. Least it looks that way from the pics.

Yeah, but the shirt is something you can fix in hand is what I meant since it's just stuck above the belt. Least it looks that way from the pics.

I think the shirt is made short.
It doesn't seem to make a big difference even if you stretch it by force.

I don't have the ability to sew. OTL

I think the shirt is made short.
It doesn't seem to make a big difference even if you stretch it by force.

I don't have the ability to sew. OTL
It's not made short. Like what faker said it's just pulled up a bit, you can fix it when you get it in hand. You seem very reluctant to call out every problem with the figure when it hasn't released yet. Yes the images make the figure look soft paint wise on the sculpt but that shouldn't determine the final verdict on the overall quality. Professional images can sometimes hurt a figure but in hand can be completely different thing. Just wait until it's out and see what people say or get it yourself if it blows people will say so, and others will like it. You can always sell it and tell asmus they F@*?* up and need to do better.

It's not made short. Like what faker said it's just pulled up a bit, you can fix it when you get it in hand. You seem very reluctant to call out every problem with the figure when it hasn't released yet. Yes the images make the figure look soft paint wise on the sculpt but that shouldn't determine the final verdict on the overall quality. Professional images can sometimes hurt a figure but in hand can be completely different thing. Just wait until it's out and see what people say or get it yourself if it blows people will say so, and others will like it. You can always sell it and tell asmus they F@*?* up and need to do better.

This is already Asmus's fifth DMC work.
There are bound to be some things expected from the work that has been done.

Think about what happened to the DMC3 Dante.

When they unveiled the Nero prototype in March last year,
we said the size of the weapon was small, and they kept it as it was.

Am I weird, though?

What's the use of talking after the release?
It's just left in our hands without any improvement.

I'm not saying this to be liked by anyone.
It's for the value of the things I buy.

This is already Asmus's fifth DMC work.
There are bound to be some things expected from the work that has been done.

Am I weird, though?
No your just passionate, like any fan would be I also like DMC and have been waiting for 1/6th figures to be made. I only bought dmc4 Dante, and sold him I didn't bother getting Dante from dmc3. Yes the bodies they use are not well done they lack articulation at the knees. The only weapon i see that hasn't changed in size is the Blue rose, Red Queen looks fine. But regardless if you feel they failed to deliever a good Nero just don't buy it. Let them know they have to step their game up and put more effort into the line like they do with lotr (I'm sure you have done that already but it doesn't hurt to do it again). But yeah just wait and see what the word is on it in hand, maybe it's better done and it's worth getting after all.

also when they released it for PO I messaged them saying they need to make the jacket a bit more blue. But seems they focused more on the Devil Breakers. That's frustrating for sure so I get how you feel. Still I'll get it and see how it is, I just hope Dante gets better treatment then Nero otherwise that will be a huge dissapointment.

No your just passionate, like any fan would be I also like DMC and have been waiting for 1/6th figures to be made. I only bought dmc4 Dante, and sold him I didn't bother getting Dante from dmc3. Yes the bodies they use are not well done they lack articulation at the knees. The only weapon i see that hasn't changed in size is the Blue rose, Red Queen looks fine. But regardless if you feel they failed to deliever a good Nero just don't buy it. Let them know they have to step their game up and put more effort into the line like they do with lotr (I'm sure you have done that already but it doesn't hurt to do it again). But yeah just wait and see what the word is on it in hand, maybe it's better done and it's worth getting after all.

G9QDDCL.jpg

If it was something I wouldn't buy, I wouldn't even have cared about it at all.

As you say, I'm a big DMC fan,
and I'm collecting all the goods about DMC as much as I can.

So I hope Asmus show better self and produce better results, for them, and for me.
But their disappointing decisions make me hard. Maybe that's why I'm even angrier.

Yeah That's all we can do is hope but it's also our jobs as fans to push them to do better by being honest with them. Hopefully they can give us a few better figures before their liecense ends. Otherwise it was a total waist. Ah so your the one who changed the dmc3 dante body to the seamless one. It definitley improved it's look, your image temps me to get dmc3 dante and do the same.

Speaking of body,
their biggest problem is that they do not create a new body for the dmc.

They need to think of a more muscular body.
And they have to make their clothes less tight, too. :-(

The sword size might be because the pic's angle
invoicing and shipping should start next week, and as always we look forward to you guys in-hand feedback!

The sword size might be because the pic's angle
invoicing and shipping should start next week, and as always we look forward to you guys in-hand feedback!

Yes, I hope you're telling the truth.
Otherwise, it would be really disappointing.

That it's even better than the promos after they listened to feedback? It has some issues, but it's actually fantastic. I do agree it could've been better or used more feedback.

Am I weird, though?

Depends, Red Queen looks fine to me, blue rose looks a TINY bit too small though. Not a huge issue, the biggest knock to Nero I could say is the hair color because I think that's what's making him look REALLY off, light eyebrows change the whole dynamic of a face, in fact eyebrow color shape etc is one of the primary things humans recognize in a face so the dark hair and eyebrows change the facial harmony enough to throw off the likeness. Gonna wait and see what customizers do with that head.

No your just passionate, like any fan would be I also like DMC and have been waiting for 1/6th figures to be made. I only bought dmc4 Dante, and sold him I didn't bother getting Dante from dmc3. Yes the bodies they use are not well done they lack articulation at the knees. The only weapon i see that hasn't changed in size is the Blue rose, Red Queen looks fine. But regardless if you feel they failed to deliever a good Nero just don't buy it. Let them know they have to step their game up and put more effort into the line like they do with lotr.
DMC4 Dante pales in comparison to DMC3 Dante, Not noticing the lack of knee articulation on him, but definitely notice the lack of lower torso articulation. I feel their bodies are almost there, but need slightly more work. Though DMC3 Dante is just straight up better than DMC4, better magnets, better tailoring, better weapons, better likeness, just everything better. Arm joints are overly tight, probably to keep the heavier weapons held, but it makes posing a bit awkward.

That it's even better than the promos after they listened to feedback? It has some issues, but it's actually fantastic. I do agree it could've been better or used more feedback.

Depends, Red Queen looks fine to me, blue rose looks a TINY bit too small though. Not a huge issue, the biggest knock to Nero I could say is the hair color because I think that's what's making him look REALLY off, light eyebrows change the whole dynamic of a face, in fact eyebrow color shape etc is one of the primary things humans recognize in a face so the dark hair and eyebrows change the facial harmony enough to throw off the likeness. Gonna wait and see what customizers do with that head.

DMC4 Dante pales in comparison to DMC3 Dante, Not noticing the lack of knee articulation on him, but definitely notice the lack of lower torso articulation. I feel their bodies are almost there, but need slightly more work. Though DMC3 Dante is just straight up better than DMC4, better magnets, better tailoring, better weapons, better likeness, just everything better. Arm joints are overly tight, probably to keep the heavier weapons held, but it makes posing a bit awkward.
DajDTr2.jpg

I'm sure you have a different point of view from me.

For me, DMC3 Dante's headsculpt was a disaster. I agree with your compliments, but not with his face.
They have already made Vergil's perfect headsculpt, and DMC 3 Dante should have done the same.

If Vergil's head sculpter had also taken over Dante, the results would have been different.

I am definitely that person that is excited by the Devil Breakers! Devil breakers in the game make Nero's game play so diverse and fun, so they're a bit part of his DMC5 presence to me, so I am excited by the variety of devil breakers Asmus is offering and how detailed they are. I really can't wait to get my hands on them!

I love the latest batch of promo pictures! He looks great! Maybe the sword looks a bit short, but that could really well be the angle in the photos.

I'm sorry you're disappointed @tryvor7. I hope maybe you like him a bit better when you see him in person. I don't think you are being weird, you're a passionate fan and I'm always impressed by the sharp eye for details people in this community have.

DajDTr2.jpg

I'm sure you have a different point of view from me.

For me, DMC3 Dante's headsculpt was a disaster. I agree with your compliments, but not with his face.
They have already made Vergil's perfect headsculpt, and DMC 3 Dante should have done the same.

If Vergil's head sculpter had also taken over Dante, the results would have been different.

what makes Dante stand out is the eyes and the sculptor failed to capture that. he really just need to make them bigger and them eye bags. and what's up with the textures?

Back