Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, on a sculpt I was most apprehensive about in terms of ASMUS getting it right, they up and nail it like a boss. Where was this sculptor on the other figures? This has got to be one of their best in the line.

Hopefully the hair application will look as good in hand as it does in these photos! I think there's a good chance it will. Especially since Boromir's hair ... straight, with a hard center part ... naturally lends itself to the technique and materials Asmus is using. Unlike, say, Gandalf, whose curly/wavy locks look better when done with Tibetan lamb hair and a LOT of work!

This was a figure I had decided to pass on... but now, seeing it, I've changed my mind. Dammit.

boromir GIF.gif

There will be more like it...

:lecture

Boromir really turned out great! Wish I had ordered the rooted hair version now. The sculpted version looks really good too though. They said they would offer some extra heads later on, so hopefully they will still have some rooted hair versions available.

I ordered a rooted hair version from a Hong Kong eBay seller in October. I got a shipping notice that it's on its way. Hopefully I'll get it by next week.

Lol after paying for Merry & Pippin and the holidays around the corner for once I am not in a rush for Asmus to send out the invoices.

Same here, been looking forward to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back