ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you modded yours yet? What are your thoughts on the set?

I haven't done anything with mine yet. I don't have any room at the moment so he has returned to the box for now.

I really don't like the headsculpt or the sculpted boots if I'm honest. However, the belt and hands are good. It doesn't have that 'wow' factor which is a real shame because looking at the new Gandalf, they really could have done a superb Aragorn.

Perhaps a Black Gate version with rooted hair and accurate headsculpt will be produced.

Wonder how long after that puts BBTS...i don't know if SS supplies them or not, or if they go straight from Asmus. I have a sizeable POL I'm waiting to ship so I might consider waiting a tad then. Especially with the weather we've had down south.

Hmm - wonder if I should pay my PO off then....it worked with Beskar Mando e.g. I got the fig faster - tho no guarantees.

If you've got a figure ordered on FlexPay you can always pay whatever balance is left and they'll ship it out when it's in stock. That's my usual approach when I get things through Sideshow. I start with Flex because the first few payments are predictable. But then figures (from all companies) often get delayed, so they push back the final payment date until they know when it's coming. But that can be really hit or miss budget-wise, depending on what else I've got ordered. So I usually make the final payment sometime in that iffy zone between the initial delay and when it hits the warehouse. Then all you're still on the hook for is shipping. I've tended to get stuff quicker. Not quicker than ordering direct, but usually around the same time as other folks who ordered non-Flex from Sideshow.

Nice enough for me.

aragorn.jpg

I wish I had the skills to add a flickering LED to the torch.

Really looking forward to this one. Should be here on Monday.

Oooooh great idea.:clap

Not that I have the skill set either. :crying

But maybe there's some LED light strips that could be put around the base in back, that look like fires burning in the background...or something like that. :dunno

Anyway, more pics needed!

I don't know exactly what the chainmail is made of but it's my favorite part of the figure. It's a fabric but I don't know what kind. It's similar to what they did on Elrond, but it's not soft. It's scratchy and rough and the weave isn't as fine. To my eye, it's perfect for 1/6 scale chainmail. Especially the kind you might find in an old rusty pile in the Helm's Deep armory.

I suppose if you were looking for a nit it might be that it's a smidge too shiny? Could be dulled down a bit. But I don't mind at all. I think it looks great.

Last edited:
Back