ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all know that views expressed on Facebook hold little weight; sure it’s the overwhelming negativity of Facebook that forced the revised sculpt but there was nothing constructive to be found, just blanket ‘this sucks’ type messages. If someone can’t identify what a problem is then they have no business stating that there’s a problem. This forum is where civil and constructive criticisms are proposed by passionate collectors who genuinely want the best from this line. There’s a certain kinship and mutual respect that’s developed over the years which is quite amazing and very rare between companies and fans.

Anyways, my payday is fast approaching and thus a new monthly budget is born so Asmus, let’s see what these extra accessories are to sweeten the deal on the Deluxe edition.
Could you also clarify exactly which two heads will be part of the deluxe set? I know the new sculpt is one of them but will that be clean or battle damaged and will the second head have the side-glancing eyes? Whichever head is used I’d like the battle damaged one to have side-glancing eyes.

I think we all know that views expressed on Facebook hold little weight; sure it’s the overwhelming negativity of Facebook that forced the revised sculpt but there was nothing constructive to be found, just blanket ‘this sucks’ type messages. If someone can’t identify what a problem is then they have no business stating that there’s a problem. This forum is where civil and constructive criticisms are proposed by passionate collectors who genuinely want the best from this line. There’s a certain kinship and mutual respect that’s developed over the years which is quite amazing and very rare between companies and fans.

Anyways, my payday is fast approaching and thus a new monthly budget is born so Asmus, let’s see what these extra accessories are to sweeten the deal on the Deluxe edition.
Could you also clarify exactly which two heads will be part of the deluxe set? I know the new sculpt is one of them but will that be clean or battle damaged and will the second head have the side-glancing eyes? Whichever head is used I’d like the battle damaged one to have side-glancing eyes.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I think we all know that views expressed on Facebook hold little weight; sure it?s the overwhelming negativity of Facebook that forced the revised sculpt but there was nothing constructive to be found, just blanket ?this sucks? type messages. If someone can?t identify what a problem is then they have no business stating that there?s a problem. This forum is where civil and constructive criticisms are proposed by passionate collectors who genuinely want the best from this line. There?s a certain kinship and mutual respect that?s developed over the years which is quite amazing and very rare between companies and fans.

Anyways, my payday is fast approaching and thus a new monthly budget is born so Asmus, let?s see what these extra accessories are to sweeten the deal on the Deluxe edition.
Could you also clarify exactly which two heads will be part of the deluxe set? I know the new sculpt is one of them but will that be clean or battle damaged and will the second head have the side-glancing eyes? Whichever head is used I?d like the battle damaged one to have side-glancing eyes.

Lol there's a whole lot of stupid to unpack here. Just because people don't sit there for hours analyzing a headsculpt so they can do asmus job for them, doesn't mean their opinions aren't going to effect their bottom line. If everyone on social media is saying the head sucks then it's much more likely that it does suck and needs work, which it still does. Just because the fanboy in you is getting upset over that and you're letting your brand loyalty lash out on the internet, doesn't mean people aren't entitled to give critiszm the way they want to.
Places like Facebook hold a lot of weight, places like this are filled with yes men who think the Hamill Luke heads look "pretty close." This place is filled with people who pretend something is good just because they've been waiting years for something and refuse to let is pass them by. We'd get even more crap from these companies if all they did was listen to the people here.

The likeness is there.
I don't understand why some people on Facebook say the head sculpt is nothing like Viggo

Because it looks really damn bad and no where near the render they showed us way back when, the sculpted hair looks quite terrible as well. Just call a spade a spade here

Lol there's a whole lot of stupid to unpack here. Just because people don't sit there for hours analyzing a headsculpt so they can do asmus job for them, doesn't mean their opinions aren't going to effect their bottom line. If everyone on social media is saying the head sucks then it's much more likely that it does suck and needs work, which it still does. Just because the fanboy in you is getting upset over that and you're letting your brand loyalty lash out on the internet, doesn't mean people aren't entitled to give critiszm the way they want to.
Places like Facebook hold a lot of weight, places like this are filled with yes men who think the Hamill Luke heads look "pretty close." This place is filled with people who pretend something is good just because they've been waiting years for something and refuse to let is pass them by. We'd get even more crap from these companies if all they did was listen to the people here.

Facebook is stupid. It’s consistently the biggest source of disinformation and lack of intelligent analysis or discussion. Most are knee jerk reactions or worse comments like yours which are as needless as they are confrontational and abrasive. People here provide constructive criticism which has fostered a close relationship between Asmus and fans. Most people here can afford and purchase 1/6 collectibles because as you said they spend hours looking over sculpts and providing suggestions. Clearly you haven’t read all the posts since there is plenty of criticism but it amounts to more than just it sucks or it has no likeness. Most people don’t just settle because they have been waiting for years and even if they did that’s a choice as a consumer to purchase what they want.

Facebook is stupid. It?s consistently the biggest source of disinformation and lack of intelligent analysis or discussion. Most are knee jerk reactions or worse comments like yours which are as needless as they are confrontational and abrasive. People here provide constructive criticism which has fostered a close relationship between Asmus and fans. Most people here can afford and purchase 1/6 collectibles because as you said they spend hours looking over sculpts and providing suggestions. Clearly you haven?t read all the posts since there is plenty of criticism but it amounts to more than just it sucks or it has no likeness. Most people don?t just settle because they have been waiting for years and even if they did that?s a choice as a consumer to purchase what they want.

:exactly::goodpost:

Yeah, FB is like often like road rage. Might be justified if ASMUS hadn't set such high standards for itself; AND reached out to fan community. Also they are keeping fan costs into account.

If someone has the wallet to hire a top custom sculptor and get on their waiting list, more power to 'em. :pfft:

I just read a post on FB that Asmus is recruiting a Hot Toys level sculptor. that is good news for us. So, support them and wait.

I just read a post on FB that Asmus is recruiting a Hot Toys level sculptor. that is good news for us. So, support them and wait.

Thing is I think Gimli, Theoden, and Elrond are all outstanding. Legolas is pretty good to. They have the talent just some sculpts look better than others.

I'm going to try and put this delicately but from some things I read the sculptor of Aragorn may not have sculpted for awhile. I would imagine their skills may have been a little rusty.

That's great but they all ready have three amazing sculptors in SHand, Pichet Pitsuwan and Nono Wang. They are responsible for all the best recent LOTR sculpts including Crown Line Gandalf the Grey, Gimli, Theoden, Elrond, Galadriel, Frodo (when painted correctly!) Bilbo and Twilight Witchking. I'd say those newer sculpts are easily up to HT (ever decreasing) standard.

I'm surprised they didn't tackle this to be honest as obviously Aragorn is a nightmare to capture in sculpted form.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would say that the sculpts on a lot of Asmus' offerings are on par with Hot Toys. Hot Toys has the advantage in the paint apps and that puts them over the top. Sculpt against sculpt alone...I would place Hot Toys and Asmus in pretty much a tie.

That's great but they all ready have three amazing sculptors in SHand, Pichet Pitsuwan and Nono Wang. They are responsible for all the best recent LOTR sculpts including Crown Line Gandalf the Grey, Gimli, Theoden, Elrond, Galadriel, Frodo (when painted correctly!) Bilbo and Twilight Witchking. I'd say those newer sculpts are easily up to HT (ever decreasing) standard.

I'm surprised they didn't tackle this to be honest as obviously Aragorn is a nightmare to capture in sculpted form.

Completely agree. Someone high up in the company, (owner?) did Aragorn. By his own words I don't think he's sculpted in awhile.

Hi Asmus, thank you for the real light pictures. And really, thank you for the transparency and the communication.

Unfortunately I also think it's not quite there yet. I can see Aragon, but there is something wrong. It's not like Gandalf Crown when I instantly thought "Wow. Spot on".
Probably it's the cheeckbones. The checkbones from Viggo are very characteristic. But they are too low.

See what I mean:

3504.jpg

What do you think?

Ya they are amazing sculptors. Andy describes the new sculptor would be like an art director. That must take Asmus's HS into the next level with their cooperation

its hard to capture Aragorn's face. ACI and prime 1 studios failed to do so as well. His face change in different angle:lol

Ya they are amazing sculptors. Andy describes the new sculptor would be like an art director. That must take Asmus's HS into the next level with their cooperation

its hard to capture Aragorn's face. ACI and prime 1 studios failed to do so as well. His face change in different angle[emoji38]
I agree. I saw Prime 1 Aragorn and the first thing I thought was "who is this guy?"

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Asmus, thank you for the real light pictures. And really, thank you for the transparency and the communication.

Unfortunately I also think it's not quite there yet. I can see Aragon, but there is something wrong. It's not like Gandalf Crown when I instantly thought "Wow. Spot on".
Probably it's the cheeckbones. The checkbones from Viggo are very characteristic. But they are too low.

See what I mean:

View attachment 493045

What do you think?

To my eyes, the problem is the chin (too pointy).

Completely agree. Someone high up in the company, (owner?) did Aragorn. By his own words I don't think he's sculpted in awhile.

If that’s true I don’t even know what to say considering what we could have gotten if one of the dedicated sculptors worked on it.

I actually think the sculpt looks good I think it’s the paint that looks washed out causing the likeness to be thrown off

To my eyes, the problem is the chin (too pointy)
I think if both the chin and the cheek bones were tweeked it would be spot on. Either way I'm getting him, hoping there is time for them to fix this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I went ahead and pre ordered the exclusive from sideshow. I know it?s More because of shipping and all that but I do love a payment plan. I can?t wait to see what the two new items added to the exclusive

Back