ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for my ignorance but what's the deal with the 1/6 license for LotR? Is there a reason why someone like Hot Toys hasn't picked up the license?

I've just done my yearly Christmas LotR watch and thought I'd take a look what was out there. Never really looked before.

Asmus has the official licence. Not sure why Hot Toys didn't pick up the licence years ago but Asmus have done a great job with it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Asmus has the official licence. Not sure why Hot Toys didn't pick up the licence years ago but Asmus have done a great job with it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think it was mentioned once that Howard at HT isn?t an LOTR fan and that the movies aren?t as popular in Asia, so no-one was really interested in the licence. Until Asmus came along.

I?m glad HT didn?t get the license. We wouldn?t have gotten half the characters we?ve gotten from HT that Asmus has given us, let alone listened to fans about constructive (and sometimes not so constructive) criticisms nor the upgrades packs and slim versions etc. I respect Asmus b/c they are always trying to get better and better and aren?t bogged down by Disney/Marvel/Star Wars. Plus, they themselves are actual LOTR fans which is a plus. If HT had he license we?d still have collectors begging for them to complete the Fellowship.

I?m glad HT didn?t get the license. We wouldn?t have gotten half the characters we?ve gotten from HT that Asmus has given us, let alone listened to fans about constructive (and sometimes not so constructive) criticisms nor the upgrades packs and slim versions etc. I respect Asmus b/c they are always trying to get better and better and aren?t bogged down by Disney/Marvel/Star Wars. Plus, they themselves are actual LOTR fans which is a plus. If HT had he license we?d still have collectors begging for them to complete the Fellowship.

You beat me to it.

Thank goodness that HT didn't get the LOTR license. They wouldn't have completed even the "Fellowship Nine".

Asmus has done a fine job and for the most part, getting better with each subsequent release.

LOTR 1/6 is in good hands.

I reckon HT were just terrified of how many headsculpts they’d have to do- especially of all the men with long hair- and theres no equivalent of stormtroopers in lotr. Every orc or villain would require as much work as a main hero.
Asmus is definitely the right company for the job. It’s amazing what we already have and Asmus shows no sign of fatiguing on the property.

Hot Toys pricing would keep me from picking up figures too. Aragorn is kinda steep but I'd hate to see what a HT version would cost. Probably no second sculpt either.

Very well said! Personally I believe if HT had gotten it we would have been lucky if we got more than just Aragorn & Gandalf. Maybe just maybe they would have also made Frodo and Sam since if my memory is correct they helped Sideshow develop their hobbit bodies.

Before Asmus, I was praying to the One Sixth God that Hot Toys picked up the license, but now I'm so thankful they didn't!

As mentioned already, we would probably have gotten Gandalf and Aragorn and maybe Frodo and they would have called it a day. And then just sit on the license stopping others from producing anything.

I'm happy I have the Fellowship and Im happy Asmus has been putting so much passion in the line. Theres several characters I have no desire for but if they are selling thats good for all LOTR fans! And if Crown Gandalf turns out I'm more than happy sending Asmus my money for Crown releases over the next Die Cast Iron Man or Spider-man variant.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone got any photos of the Fellowship together please? :)
Here is an older photo and video I did of my set up.

https://youtu.be/hs6IwgT6XG4 Screenshot_20210102-141741_Instagram.jpg

Thanks for that. They look fantastic together. :clap
SO jealous of that setup! Gorgeous display! :clap

Now THAT'S a collecting room!
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to adding Helms Deep Aragorn and Crown Gandalf. I may look at swapping the extra head of Aragorn from Helms Deep for my Strider.but waiting to see in person.

And of course will definitely add Gollum/Smegol when Asmus does him.

Back