Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on the costume details! That hairline though...I thought you guys said in an earlier post you were not going to use that split seam for this?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’d be a shame to dwell and nitpick over the hair seam when everything else so really outstanding. It does stand out a lot here though and wasn’t part of the prototype design but hopefully it’ll be similar to Theoden where it’s not really noticeable in person. However, I think Theoden’s hair seem has the advantage of utilising the centre parting of his hair and keeping the seam lines more consistent with the actual directional flow or the hair in order to integrate it better- whereas here it’s just a straight horizontal cut.

The hair seam is the only real issue I am having with it. Maybe it won’t look to bad in person since this one is not removable like Theoden’s.

Yeah, that hair seam is another step backwards in their continuously improving figures.

The only way Theoden's hair seam is not noticeable is when wearing the helmet. That hair seam will keep me from ever displaying the figure without the helmet. (unless I customize the hair with faux/rooted hair at some point in the future.)

The rest of what can be seen of the figure looks pretty sharp.

I have just looked up,
I think it is because the hair piece is not glued properly to the edge.

Once i apply glue right to the edge, it is much better.

20200721_113557.jpg

20200721_114004.jpg

20200721_114008.jpg

While I do understand the reasons behind that split mold at the hair-line, I'm not a big fan with how it ends up looking. But it definitely looks better than the wedge split found on Theoden.

Had to ask because it's not shown here
115975043_10157145640461968_5543146262751867377_o.jpg
and this says FINAL Product
(no problem with the sculpt or the hair- looks amazing!)

I always assumed it was just the head because we already have solicitation pics for preorder.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's a 0 percent change this figure ships without the White tree detail.

Back