Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to see some better pics of the rock base. (For some reason I don't think I can see all the photos on the store site.) Wondering if there's any resin "water" at the base of it.

What did they say the expected shipping date would be? Q1 2022? (I wonder if there might be time to tweak the iris issue before then.)

Really looking forward to this one. It's looking fantastic so far!

No brainer for the Lux.
Thanks @Asmus for confirming The Ring will come with the set.
I guess as others have said,maybe the production crew can look at the differences in Gollum/Smeagols eyes from movie screenshots and make changes accordingly?

Amazing looking figure and set though.
Hope to see Andy do a video of this set asap.

Hey Guys! Photos will be released later, but I could share the first-hand news for you in SS freak forum.

"Their" products' ID will be in LOTR030

1) There is an exclusive Gollum figure body and we did use the seamless parts in arms and legs. There are two pairs legs could be exchanged.
2) The headsculpts are with rotatable eyeballs. and he has over 22 points of articulation.
3) We will release two kind of him in standard edition, LOTR030S & LOTR030G. The difference is set by Gollum/Smeagol headsculpt.
4) There is a luxury edition as well, which includes two gollum/smeagol figures and their accessories, Also there is a special rock diorama for him.
5) The estimate shipping date will be in 2022 Q1.
That sounds awesome! :clap

Would love to see some better pics of the rock base. (For some reason I don't think I can see all the photos on the store site.) Wondering if there's any resin "water" at the base of it.

What did they say the expected shipping date would be? Q1 2022? (I wonder if there might be time to tweak the iris issue before then.)

Really looking forward to this one. It's looking fantastic so far!
Looks like there's only 4 images on the Gollum/Smeagol page. I hope Asmus put some more pics up on the site. Maybe even here or social media.
Been thinking about some display options for my LOTR crew. Watching a lot of diorama/miniature terrain videos that have been giving me a lot of ideas.

Those eyes - pretty terrifying. :panic:
GS10A.jpg

GS08A.jpg

Only TBLeague/Phicen have the bodies down to the point where they have a chance to last. Blitzway’s seamless Bill and Ted arms are shredding under six months in regular conditions. Hot Toys’ seamless Rey arms and Hellboy bodies are flaking paint on day one of box opening from just mild grip pressure while swapping hands.

If Asmus wants to do seams, let them. You would never find a generic body swap option for Gollum for when a seamless did eventually fail.

Yeah I have a TBLeague in a well climate controlled environment and it seems really durable. One potential problem with a silicone Gollum is that his standard resting pose is a crouch. You can’t museum pose him, really.

I dunno though. I‘ll have to think about it. Might be a pass for me. Exposed joints tends to burst the bubble, or rupture suspension of disbelief, etc., for me personally. At the end of the day my completionist impulses will probably win out though.

Edit: Eh whatever, FOMO won, preordered.

Last edited:
Will the deluxe be an Asmus website exclusive or will I be able to pre-order the deluxe at my European retailer?
(Because Import and VAT taxes are killing me when I order outside the EU.)

Looks great. But I find it odd the the luxury edition gets you less hands (and 1 less fish) than if you bought the 2 separately. Yes you get the rock which is nice, but we are paying $10 more for the edition. To only get one pair of each time of hands for buying the 2 figures seems a bit of an oversight and is penalizing those buying both. Asmus, is it possible to add a pair of hands for each figure?

Last edited:
Ordered!!

@Asmus any chance for a future "expressions" pack of Gollum/Smeagol heads? Like
•Sad face
•Confused
•Coughing/"Gollum"
•Frightened
•Michievous

This character is extremely expressive through the films and this would be a great way to add more value to the collectible in the future. I know people will buy it. I would.

This is so awesome!! :rock Hope one of the UK retailers will stock the luxury version…we wants it, we needs it!!:gollum:

Back