Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cut the pegs down behind the eyes and remove the inner casing inside the head sculpt to move the eyes this much but after that mod he looks pretty good. I tried using coal to get the smell out of his feet/hands/legs but to no avail so far. I just stacked a bunch of those coal sacks around them but maybe i should just cut one open and toss them inside.

Both figs definitely look great for sure though. I just wonder how long its gonna be till his body starts to turn blue.

gollumonrock.jpg

Add me to the list of discolored Gollum/Sméagol figures.
I hadn’t even broken the tape seals until today (got them direct from Asmus back in Feb/Mar).
What a bummer; emailed CS, hope I hear back soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Thank you both!

I hope the smell starts to dissipate soon its so bad. I always love that toxic new car smell from most 1/6 figs but this was just something else!
If the charcoal didn't work, how about a box of baking soda. Am out of ideas after that except opening a window re the off-gassing. Bad enough Canada and U.S. have had waves of smoke in the atmosphere all summer now figures are trying to gas us too. Maybe sit the fig near one of those home air filters.

John Witherspoon Funk GIF

Add me to the list of discolored Gollum/Sméagol figures.
I hadn’t even broken the tape seals until today (got them direct from Asmus back in Feb/Mar).
What a bummer; emailed CS, hope I hear back soon.
It's obvious that there must have been a cock-up in whatever mix they used for the rubber parts, as it's only the arms and legs that are affected on yours. The torso looks ok.

got my two replacement bodies from asmus... 👍

the arms and legs are discoloured on my originals, the body still looks fine.

Back