Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that they are releasing separate full figure Gollum and Sméagol standard editions and a deluxe 2 figure set instead of swappable heads. Are the heads fully attached so there’s no neck seam?
Swappable leg seams may be easier to hide with the loin cloth.
Either way, it sounds like an exciting release. Consider me intrigued!

Oh yes!
A0A28011-6621-469F-A632-284637CF5051.jpeg

The choices that went into this figure seem perfect I like having two I like only arms and legs seamless with swappable legs I like it all. Now it just has to look as good as the NECA or better and it a frail figure scratched off the list!

Hey Guys! Photos will be released later, but I could share the first-hand news for you in SS freak forum.

"Their" products' ID will be in LOTR030

1) There is an exclusive Gollum figure body and we did use the seamless parts in arms and legs. There are two pairs legs could be exchanged.
2) The headsculpts are with rotatable eyeballs. and he has over 22 points of articulation.
3) We will release two kind of him in standard edition, LOTR030S & LOTR030G. The difference is set by Gollum/Smeagol headsculpt.
4) There is a luxury edition as well, which includes two gollum/smeagol figures and their accessories, Also there is a special rock diorama for him.
5) The estimate shipping date will be in 2022 Q1.

Great way to do this!

Hey Guys! Photos will be released later, but I could share the first-hand news for you in SS freak forum.

"Their" products' ID will be in LOTR030

1) There is an exclusive Gollum figure body and we did use the seamless parts in arms and legs. There are two pairs legs could be exchanged.
2) The headsculpts are with rotatable eyeballs. and he has over 22 points of articulation.
3) We will release two kind of him in standard edition, LOTR030S & LOTR030G. The difference is set by Gollum/Smeagol headsculpt.
4) There is a luxury edition as well, which includes two gollum/smeagol figures and their accessories, Also there is a special rock diorama for him.
5) The estimate shipping date will be in 2022 Q1.

Wonderful news. I also like the fact that the figures can be purchased separately or as a deluxe combo-set. (I'll be getting that deluxe for sure!)

The teaser looks interesting.

So there is a date for reveal.

If that is based on local time,then we SHOULD see reveals tomorrow!!!
If it is based on USA time,then in 2 days time.
Woot woot

I gotta be honest, I’m not liking the jointed arms and shoulders. I’d rather see them use a continuous body like Phicen. Phicen uses a silicone material that’s used for models in the medical field. It’s not like it will never tear, but as long as you avoid overly dynamic posing for extended periods there should be no problem.

I agree.
Having swappable arms and legs in various poses is not a good substitute for unrestricted articulation.
Even if it meant having some exposed joints, I’d be ok with that if it meant I’d have more options for posing.

I gotta be honest, I’m not liking the jointed arms and shoulders. I’d rather see them use a continuous body like Phicen. Phicen uses a silicone material that’s used for models in the medical field. It’s not like it will never tear, but as long as you avoid overly dynamic posing for extended periods there should be no problem.

Only TBLeague/Phicen have the bodies down to the point where they have a chance to last. Blitzway’s seamless Bill and Ted arms are shredding under six months in regular conditions. Hot Toys’ seamless Rey arms and Hellboy bodies are flaking paint on day one of box opening from just mild grip pressure while swapping hands.

If Asmus wants to do seams, let them. You would never find a generic body swap option for Gollum for when a seamless did eventually fail.

Back