Ashes - A Firefighter's Tale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjasontodd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I hate promoting my own work outside of social media, but my debut graphic novel was just released through Z2 Comics if anyone is interested. It's not crazy popular like TWD or anything, but it is a start to what I hope will be a successful career.

ASHES is about a Brooklyn firefighter who gets injured on the job and has to rebuild his life as well as his body.

It's been described as "A very realistic and human journey" on Comic Bastards and has been well received by a number of other comic sites and podcasts.

If you're interested in checking it out or know of anyone who might be, Amazon just received a fresh supply and you should get it before Christmas time.

Ashes: A Firefighter's Tale: Mario Candelaria, Karl Slominski: 9781940878034: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks for your time and I'll go back to lurking in the Marvel section.

Awesome! Thank you very much!!

I got it today and read it cover to cover. I like the art, black and white fits the mood of the story well. I think it was well written and the relationstips between the characters were realistic. I think it captured a NY feel aswell, only been there twice but it seemed to fit.

Keep up the good work!

thank you very much for the kind words and also for checking out the comic! Since this is my first release it has been an uphill battle in terms of sales (expected because we are unknown creators) but we're steadily growing some buzz for the story.

Hopefully my next comic will be easier to make because of this one.

Back