As I Lay Dying singer arrested

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the most innovative and ingenious bands of the last 20 yrs have had cookie monster vocals. There's a place for it. Only a few pull it off well though. Most come off as amateur posers.

Yes. This guy gets it. Thank you.

Been a fan since 2002 :( so disappointed but you could tell he was going through some weird change.

I'm a fan of most metal styles... Tim doesn't have a "Cookie Monster" style, I can understand the lyrics.

Well for any of the people who are hating on that style of vocals and calls the bands crap then you obviously have not heard the band Between the Buried and Me. Hands down one of the best metal bands of all time. Hell I have a hard time calling them straight metal because they mix other genres in their song so smoothly. Yet they have the vocals you all are hating on. Oh and I doubt you will find a better live metal band either. They are perfect live. What other bands can play there whole CD live with out taking a break yet hit every thing perfectly? Not slayer. They are kind of *** live. I like there stuff but I was not a fan of the live show at all.

For anyone curious this is the album they played live Actually listen to the album don't get turned off by the lyrics from the start. This band is genius and pretty much has nailed every album they have done. [ame]https://youtu.be/CuEz_HvBqZ0[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM0y65VZK84[/ame]

Last edited:
Ah BTBAM, love them dearly. Alaska is a great album and what got me into them. However Colors and Parallax are my favorites. This fall they're doing Parallax II all the way through, I can't wait. I'd have given anything to see them do Colors live. They don't skip a beat live, note for note perfect.

Ah BTBAM, love them dearly. Alaska is a great album and what got me into them. However Colors and Parallax are my favorites. This fall they're doing Parallax II all the way through, I can't wait. I'd have given anything to see them do Colors live. They don't skip a beat live, note for note perfect.

Colors is one of my favorite albums of all time. It was the sickest show I had ever been to. Plus they ended the night with Mordecai :panic: They are PERFECT live and that is hard to say about most metal bands. I think they played with August Burns Red that night? I forget who they were playing with at that one. I unfortunately had to miss the live taping of the Colors DVD, because of work. Seeing all my friends there made me very very sad :lol

Well for any of the people who are hating on that style of vocals and calls the bands crap then you obviously have not heard the band Between the Buried and Me. Hands down one of the best metal bands of all time. Hell I have a hard time calling them straight metal because they mix other genres in their song so smoothly. Yet they have the vocals you all are hating on. Oh and I doubt you will find a better live metal band either. They are perfect live. What other bands can play there whole CD live with out taking a break yet hit every thing perfectly? Not slayer. They are kind of *** live. I like there stuff but I was not a fan of the live show at all.

For anyone curious this is the album they played live Actually listen to the album don't get turned off by the lyrics from the start. This band is genius and pretty much has nailed every album they have done. https://youtu.be/CuEz_HvBqZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM0y65VZK84

ilZKGp3.jpg

Did you even listen to it? Not the vocals but the actual music? I'm guessing not. So many people can't get past the vocals and miss out on absolutely beautiful music.

Did you even listen to it? Not the vocals but the actual music? I'm guessing not. So many people can't get past the vocals and miss out on absolutely beautiful music.

it was a sarcastic pic, I love metal :)
(I love the singing too)

I'd heard of them, but never listened to there stuff. I tried it just now, and I tried to keep an open mind, but, yeah, well, no; it's not for me. I was really trying, but I had no idea what the **** he was even saying. I went back a few times and still couldn't decode it. More power to you if you like it, but it ain't for me. To paraphrase the great Rachel Dawes, "No, they're never the same. Music is about harmony. Screaming into a microphone is about you making yourself feel better." That one was for you, Voidcat.:lol

P.S. I'm just kidding.

Colors is one of my favorite albums of all time. It was the sickest show I had ever been to. Plus they ended the night with Mordecai :panic: They are PERFECT live and that is hard to say about most metal bands. I think they played with August Burns Red that night? I forget who they were playing with at that one. I unfortunately had to miss the live taping of the Colors DVD, because of work. Seeing all my friends there made me very very sad :lol

You saw Colors live? I hate you! :p I've watched that DVD like 20 times. :D

There is nothing beautiful about that noise. Nothing. :dunno

There is nothing beautiful about that noise. Nothing. :dunno

To each his own. That's what it all boils down to. I think most famous visual art is garbage but yet it's heralded as genius. Everyone's got different tastes. I find beauty in chaos. That's my life.

I love metal, But I don't love ALL metal. Some of it sounds like noise to me.

not all metal is created equal

I like melodic metal the most. I specially love when they use pianos, violins or Organs or other instruments like that.
I love for metal to have melody.

Last edited:
You don't need to be a metal fan to listen to noise, either. If anyone here is just a fan of noise music, check this out:

[ame]https://youtu.be/pnN7RX1RHes[/ame]

It's art, though :lecture

I dare anyone to listen to this whole album.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYtzNl48F60[/ame]

Are you a disorganized schizophrenic? Glad you're able to take lemons and make lemonade!

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression and having severe mood swings. Metal calms me, helps me mentally sort things out and release tension. I hear the emotion in it and can relate.

Back