Statue As Dinosaurier Help/suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Sega_

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi,

I need your help. I got this piece from an eBay auction. The seller sold it with the information that it isn't a sideshow product. It is very nice and i'm very happy that I got this but I just want to know what you guys think this thing could be :) It looks really similar to the original piece except some colouration spots.

It is very detailed as all of the normal sideshow products. Hopefully I've done everything right with uploading the pics.

Looking forward to hear some ideas from you :wave

Attachments

• P1012531.jpg
    P1012531.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 80
  • P1012540.jpg
    P1012540.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 80
  • P1012523.jpg
    P1012523.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 79
  • P1012519.jpg
    P1012519.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 78
  • P1012513.jpg
    P1012513.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 77
:Thanks for writing :)

Yeah some has done a great job , but is it that easy to remodel one if those things that exactly ? :confused
I'm really happy with jus at the fact that I only spend about 50 bucks on it :yess:

WOW! Your sculpture is a fake? Looks good but honestly I do not encourage that!!! :( I for example I paid 400 euros on this sculpture. That does not mean that I was fooled. On the contrary, I chose the high quality of the material (Polystone), paintings, limited edition,etc.... I own the whole collection. I am disappointed that are produced fake statues in the world collectors:(((

I'm not disappointed. Hell, I almost welcome it if they're going to turn out like this.

Manufacturers want to intentionally produce a limited edition of some things that sell out fast or become unobtainable later on? Then all morality is thrown out the window when it comes to me giving me money. If a fake is this good, I would gladly pay for it.

Now I'm going to be actively searching for one of these in hopes that it's a fake. This is my favorite piece and it's completely impossible to get for a decent price.

Mhmm, yes I can understand both of you. I think you tupuxuara have right in the case that people spend a lot of money on the pieces and then of course they want unique pieces without seeing any fakes that acurate ou there.

And on the other side I could understand bob because for those who haven't the money to pay a current eBay price for them it is a food looking alternative. Just look at that current eBay auction on the tyrannosaurus Rex maquette :horror don't get me wrong if I would have enough money I would probably spend everything I need to get it :D

Could it be that my piece is something like a B merchandise ???? That there were some spots that weren't exactly like the original polystone replica and that it just found its way out of the production as a "fake"? :confused

It's just my personal stance but with the prices we pay for collectibles, making things hard to obtain just weeds out even more people. I understand how limiting the pieces creates "artificial demand" where people who are on the fence are pressured into buying things they might otherwise pass on, and it makes the manufacturer able to get more money per piece sold.

However, I strongly believe that anyone should be able to buy anything they want if they've got the money to do so. And that doesn't mean the aftermarket price money. I've paid more than my fair share of eBay prices on grails that I've had over the years, and I'm currently looking for one that I doubt will ever even show up on eBay. Which essentially forces me to break my wallet in for whatever price the one person wants who decides the sell the thing.

More on topic, I don't think this is a fake. I would love it to be one so I could hope for more of them floating around out and buy one for myself. But I'm assuming this is a one off who got lost in with a bunch of other things and the person who sold it really had no idea what it was worth. To be honest, nobody who has seen my Dinosauria collection thinks any individual piece was sold for even half of what they go up for on Sideshow.

I think so either. It must be something that found its way out of the factory somehow because for me the details are that exactly to the original one. :D maybe I could ask the seller If he has some hints where he got it from.

The bottom, is just black with the velvet tips at the edges. I can take a picture tomorrow :)

No need, was just curious if there were markings of any kind. Repops can get scary close to the originals.

I already tried to scratch at the edges to see if there is something under the black shape that covers the bottom of the Base. But there is no second layer underneath it.

Back