Artsy stuff I made.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skytteflickan88

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've made a playset, a few canvases and a decoupaged magazine holder. I will keep upating this thread when I make more.

'The Prodigal' playset

Lookie what I made, for my Angelus/Liam Reborn and Alyrenees' Becoming Darla(not the right dress, but I think they fit together anyway). A very simple playset from the scene in The Prodigal (Ats, season 1) when Angelus crawls out of his grave.

I bought the wooden box, spray painted it black(turned out to be a failure since there wasn't enough color in the can, and there's black footprints everywhere) black, painted green at the bottom. Then I added a print for scrapbooking as the moonlit background, used a protective non-glossy coat/finish(or whatever it's called). Then I added The Army Painter's Wilderness Tuft Grass.

Then I just put in my figures.

Not as good as I hoped, not as bad as I feared. But it's my first playset, so it's good enough.

The only thing missing is a tombstone or two, for the grave yard feel, but I think I'll skip that, since I can't make a pretty one, and don't want to have spend more money on the set right now. But I might get some non-reflective glass some day, since it kind of ruins the set.

Spike&Illyria canvas.

I used a canvas decoupage glue to attach the Franco Urru cover to the canvas, then I painted it red, then I used a coat that causes cracks and painted that on. Then I finish with black paint, and it started to crack. Then I added the hanging thing at the back.

I wonder if I need a protective coat/finish, or whatever it's called.

Decoupaged 'Unnatural selection' magazine holder

I took the Buffy book 'Unnatural selections' by Mel Odom, some decoupage glue, and a IKEA magazine holder and here you see the results. I have another one half made, but I ran out of glue.

Last edited:
Re: 'The Prodigal' playset, Spike&Illyria canvas AND decoupaged magazine holder

Excellent! That Angelus reborn scene is particularly effective. :D

Thank you. I'm so glad I decided to use a print, instead of painting the moon myself.

Very nice, Sky!!

I really like the magazine holder. Awesome stuff. :rock Thanks for sharing!

More(I'm selling all except for the red/black one):

'First Kiss, Last Kiss?', a Spillyria canvas.

A canvas I made, with the help of Franco Urru’s comic art from Spike: After the Fall(this is a sketch found in the hardcover). I also used paint and a deep edge canvas (obviously), crackling medium, a hanging-thingy and protective non-glossy coat.

About 15x15x4cm. It’s able to stand on its own, because of its thickness, so a wall display isn’t the only option.

Showed this before, but it's better organized this way: ‘Your Priority’, a Spillyria canvas.

A canvas I made, with the help of Franco Urru’s comic art from Spike: After the Fall(this is one of the covers for the series). I also used paint and a deep edge canvas (obviously), crackling medium, a hanging-thingy and protective non-glossy coat.

About 15x15x4cm. It’s able to stand on its own, because of its thickness, so a wall display isn’t the only option.

‘Pensive’, a 'Buffy: Season 8' canvas.

A canvas I made, with the help of the book 'Unnatural Selection' by Mel Odom and Georges Jeanty’s comic art from Buffy: Season 8(the cover for issue ten). I also used decoupage glue/coat, some lace, cardboard(beneath the comic image), glue and a protective non-glossy coat.

About 10x10x4cm. It’s able to stand on its own, because of its thickness, so a wall display isn’t the only option.

‘Witchy’, a 'Buffy: Season 8' canvas.

A canvas I made, with the help of the book 'Unnatural Selection' by Mel Odom and Georges Jeanty’s comic art from Buffy: Season 8(the cover for issue ten). I also used decoupage glue/coat, some lace, cardboard(beneath the comic image), glue and a protective non-glossy coat.

About 10x10x4cm. It’s able to stand on its own, because of its thickness, so a wall display isn’t the only option.

PS: The correct English words for some of these terms would be helpful.
Just a question, since I need to sell them; what would you be willing to pay for these? And what kind of profit is usually made when it comes to art(not including the cost of material and work hours)?

This painting is missing something. Maybe Spike in the same font as used on the IDW comics, written like this:

S
P
I
K
E

Possibly the letters are different sizes. And in gray.

I'm thinking about doing the crackling effect on this one too.

More stuff. Btw, almost all canvases are for sale for 24 or 25USD.

Tales of Love: Sprusilla nr1

A canvas I made, with the help of the book 'Unnatural Selection' by Mel Odom and Paul Lee’s comic art from Tales of the Vampires: The Problem With Vampires. I also used decoupage glue/coat, fake flowers of unknown material, scrapbooking paper, hanging-thingy and glue.

Tales of Love: Sprusilla nr2

A canvas I made, with the help of the book 'Unnatural Selection' by Mel Odom and Paul Lee’s comic art from Tales of the Vampires: The Problem With Vampires. I also used decoupage glue/coat, fake flowers of unknown material, scrapbooking paper, hanging-thingy and glue.

Grr Argh!

A canvas I made, with the help of John Romita’s comic art from Spike: After the Fall(this is a sketch found in the hardcover). I also used paint and a deep edge canvas (obviously), crackling medium, a hanging-thingy and protective non-glossy coat.

Made two more:

Tales of Love: Bangel nr1

A canvas I made, with the help of a Buffy trading card(inkworks), ordinary scrapbooking material and a vampire mouth pendant, hanging-thingy and glue.

About 10x10x4cm.

Tales of Love: Tillow nr1

A canvas I made, with the help of a Buffy trading card(inkworks), ordinary scrapbooking material, hanging-thingy and glue.

About 10x10x4cm.

Back