Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone else post a pic of their piece specifically the feet and if they sit flush in base

SSC are telling me its suppose to lean like that and all others look the same

So they want me to incur import fees, return the item, after keeping my money for a year and waiting almost 18 months for this cluster ****.

Same situation with my Jean. SS told me this problem is happening with alot of Jeans. They said just leave it like that and eventually gravity will do its work and pulls it down. (not in those words but the meaning is the same).

If you are worried about LEANING. Put a little of those earthquake clay on the bottom of the right feet and you should be fine.

Same situation with my Jean. SS told me this problem is happening with alot of Jeans. They said just leave it like that and eventually gravity will do its work and pulls it down. (not in those words but the meaning is the same).

If you are worried about LEANING. Put a little of those earthquake clay on the bottom of the right feet and you should be fine.

Do you mean yours came with with minor qc problems as well as the foot not fitting flush in the base?

Goodness, even if those aren't their exact words that still a shame if that is their overall fix it plan.

Yeah, those posters were definitely fan made - but the Civil War one was dope.

Sucks about the leaning issues - hope it doesn't become more a wide spread thing.

IMG_2683.jpg

it's work!! My one was floating at the first day too but she is back to normal now.

Just got my Jean Grey. Not a spectacular statue but still nicely done. I share most opinions about the lack of iris and hair color. My statue doesn't have a lean though and the foot peg sits nicely onto the base. Her right foot is hovering above the base if you look closely enough though. Glad I got her to extend my X-Men collection.

Could always put a packet of sweet n low under her foot to even it out. You know, just like putting one underneath the table leg at a restaurant so it doesn't wobble. Same thing right?

I just received the Jean Grey Premium Format Figure Exclusive. Overall, while it is not over the top great like the Apocalypse or Deadpool, it's a solid addition to the X-Men crew. I'd compare it to the Rogue Premium Format because you're going to keep it because of the importance of the character and much less for being a knock- out statue. The statue looks best from the front side angle and the faces look a lot better than I feared they would. They're clean and I can see "Jean" in them. The paint is flat compared to the metallic finish of the bowen, which I prefer. Metallic paint just pops a little more. The back foot doesn't sit like others have commented so I will have to let it "settle in" I guess. Overall, the Jean premium format is a keeper and I definitely get the "that's Jean" feeling when I see it, which is enough for me. While I've always considered the Bowen Jean a perfect statue, seeing one of your favorite characters in quarter scale is hard to top. They just have a presence, you can view them from across a room, and they're exciting every time you get a new one. Now on to Emma in a month or so.

I've always thought this would look good enough. Not a standout but good enough to keep. Glad to hear the same sentiments from others. It's gonna be a while before I get mine.

Same as everybody else.

She's ok. Definitely not bad. Still posed awkward as hell in hand. She's got the 1 great display angle. The Ex head looks better up close. After getting Batgirl I appreciate that both heads have different facial expressions. On mine, the Ex has noticeably browner hair. Reg head hair is more reddish, but still brown rather than the straight up red it should've been. And I know artists like Jim Lee gave her a lot of hair but this statue didn't need all this hair on either head. It looks crazy.

But she'll still look good with the full team once I get them unpacked again.

And yeah, hovering foot. Guess she's using her telekinesis on herself to take flight?

Quick pic
19535736183_beee3a6924_z_d.jpg

Wasn't expecting such an orange suit. Looks yellow with flash on. I also have hovering back foot issue.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438313818.174602.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438313818.174602.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 248
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438314333.268995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438314333.268995.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 240
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438315109.972271.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438315109.972271.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 238
Wow. Crazy how much a difference the flash makes between the orange vs. yellow look.

I still like this piece though.

And love, love, love the reg. sculpt hair.

Piece is growing on me

They are reviewing pics to see if theres issue with base or figure

Back