Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Yeah because it isn't exactly what ppl wanted or expected

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Jean was not on display due to production scheduling, it is not tweaked or reworked. That is the final product

Jean was not on display due to production scheduling, it is not tweaked or reworked. That is the final product

WUkTyI4.gif

Further proof that SS does not listen to buyer feedback. I'm still getting as planned, but you would think they would have taken some of the comments to heed. Perhaps they are just way too far into their production cycle to make changes and just have to live with whatever decisions they make prior to solicitation. That would explain Chris Reeve Superman.

Man, if they had put Jean up for display, she would have looked so simple and far less detailed than most of the other pieces it would just look wrong...:monkey1

Further proof that SS does not listen to buyer feedback. I'm still getting as planned, but you would think they would have taken some of the comments to heed. Perhaps they are just way too far into their production cycle to make changes and just have to live with whatever decisions they make prior to solicitation. That would explain Chris Reeve Superman.

That right there is why they don't fix it. You and a certain amount of other customers are still buying it as it is. Whatever the number of current sales offsets the effort of trying to improve it.

most of the statues Sideshow previews now were already in development a couple years prior....

I think they were inspired by this artwork, although had THAT been the concept art this PF would've been 100 times better.

****! I kill myself!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The X Girls and Boys seem to be cursed. However, other pieces have turned out well.:dunno

It's a shame really, because these are fantastic characters. From what I know about the line, Gambit seemed to be the only good one, but even the base was still a bummer.

They should get the same exact team doing these DC pieces, and have em do some good on these Marvel ones. Or Marvel needs to stop being lazy and push more on these, but I'm sure they don't care (Disney or Marvel).

sorry but...nothing can explain the Chris Reeve Superman...nothing

Personally I think the DC line is overrated. There is a lot that could b better

The X-dudes have turned out spectacular in comparison to the ladies. Gambit Wolverine Cyclops and Colossus turned out well.. The ladies have all needed tweaks with the exception of Storm. The base with Storm was my only pet peeve I didn't like the fact it was hollow as ****.

Emma looks like a $200 figure tops ... When compared to other PFs in the same price range there's no excuses...

Look at Kerrigan, Batgirl, Vamperilla, Catwoman...

Those are all priced about $40 more than Emma. I would pay that marginal difference on both Jean and Emma to have them not suck.

EDIT - this is assuming she will be $359.99 like Jean

The X-dudes have turned out spectacular in comparison to the ladies. Gambit Wolverine Cyclops and Colossus turned out well.. The ladies have all needed tweaks with the exception of Storm. The base with Storm was my only pet peeve I didn't like the fact it was hollow as ****.

Emma looks like a $200 figure tops ... When compared to other PFs in the same price range there's no excuses...

Look at Kerrigan, Batgirl, Vamperilla, Catwoman...

Those are all priced about $40 more than Emma. I would pay that marginal difference on both Jean and Emma to have them not suck.

EDIT - this is assuming she will be $359.99 like Jean

Yeah really for me, it all comes down to pricing for Emma. Same was said for Jean. I would only pay maybe 250 tops on each.

Also I think Batgirl might be cheaper than 400, I think only because Catwoman is the only 400, and you have to consider she comes with a COH even on the regular. So I can see production cost going up. Batgirl, probably not as much. Maybe same as HQ?

Back