Statue Article: Quarter scale Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead from Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GG The Walking Dead Statues

Maybe you're a rich man, and if so, good on you but I like to be able to recoup what I paid for a statue if ever I lose my job. Thankfully when I needed funds I was able to sell some low ES PFs. When they make a gazzllion like Sideshow did with batman, good luck in trying to get back nearly what you paid. Regardless, Gentle Giant is awesome and I hope they give Sideshow a run for their money in 1/4 scale. Sideshow is getting too lazy with paint and QC and greedy with ES just IMO. It would be nice to have two companies keeping each other on their competitive feet in terms of quality :) :peace

I'm not a rich man and, no offence but, I have a better plan in place in case of financial difficulties other than trying to hock my statues.

My opinions on ES are my own, obviously, and I'm not asking anyone to subscribe to it. :peace

Does GG take the full amount on pre-order or do they only charge when it ships?

I decided I want to support this in order to encourage competition with SSC (a good thing for all parties).

Also hoping they get into Breaking Bad and proper Game of Thrones statues. GG has the potential to soak up the TV series stuff. Ragnar from Vikings? Spartacus from Blood & Sand? Nucky Thompson from Boardwalk Empire?

I decided I want to support this in order to encourage competition with SSC (a good thing for all parties).

Also hoping they get into Breaking Bad and proper Game of Thrones statues. GG has the potential to soak up the TV series stuff. Ragnar from Vikings? Spartacus from Blood & Sand? Nucky Thompson from Boardwalk Empire?

Love your thinking.

They charge you before they ship your stuff.

I've never ordered directly from Gentle Giant before, do they charge any deposit when pre-ordering with them directly?

I think they ask for down payment in full. Been a while since I ordered so I could be wrong.

Can someone please post pics? The site has a pop up screen with pics that I'm unable to see or enlarge on my phone. :(

Maybe you're a rich man, and if so, good on you but I like to be able to recoup what I paid for a statue if ever I lose my job. Thankfully when I needed funds I was able to sell some low ES PFs. When they make a gazzllion like Sideshow did with batman, good luck in trying to get back nearly what you paid. Regardless, Gentle Giant is awesome and I hope they give Sideshow a run for their money in 1/4 scale. Sideshow is getting too lazy with paint and QC and greedy with ES just IMO. It would be nice to have two companies keeping each other on their competitive feet in terms of quality :) :peace

You're a fool if you expect to fund anything by buying and selling statues

I love both Michonne and Merle as characters, but there is something off with both portraits. The Merle one I can be more forgiving on, since it is a zombie version. They just don't impress me. Same goes for the busts. The Daryl bust looks horrible. McFarlane did a more convincing Daryl portrait on their figures.

Last edited:
Back