Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

Moe made a fantastic Arkham Batman with cloth and it looked amazing. I don't see why HT couldn't do the same. There really is no need for rubber on this. Captain America proved they cand do intricate sewing with fabric without having to result to rubber outfits.

I sure hope so, would be a nice change a pace for Batman.

I don't think they'll go with rubber on this one. I see them using materials similar to Battle Suit Jill.

hope so jill turned out great

I don't think they'll go with rubber on this one. I see them using materials similar to Battle Suit Jill.

Yeah, that would make sense and work. Cloth would still be better, but that is better than rubber at least!

I'm just curious to see how long we have to wait now. Looks like they've got a bunch of accessories sculpted and I would tend to think those are secondary to getting the full figure completed.

I hope not. The more flexibility, the better. I would also prefer cloth.

I do worry about spandex snagging though. So I've almost treated my Spidey like a Batman because of that.

I wonder if we'll get a Battle Damaged Batman too though. Batman gets F'd up through the game, heck, very early on even.

Yeah, that would make sense and work. Cloth would still be better, but that is better than rubber at least!

I'm just curious to see how long we have to wait now. Looks like they've got a bunch of accessories sculpted and I would tend to think those are secondary to getting the full figure completed.

Yeah, unfortunately if they go as tight as they did on Jill, the articulation will still be a bit restricted. Not nearly as much as a full Rubber suit however.

Hmmm, Think it will be out (announced) before the wave of TDKR stuff starts?

I doubt it. Bane is done, we've seen that. We're only seen unpainted hands and awesome accessories here. So I would tend to think we'll at least see Bane before AC Batman. Hard to say after that. He could pop up in the middle of TDKR figures or after. HT is unpredictable.

I doubt it. Bane is done, we've seen that. We're only seen unpainted hands and awesome accessories here. So I would tend to think we'll at least see Bane before AC Batman. Hard to say after that. He could pop up in the middle of TDKR figures or after. HT is unpredictable.

Indeed they are. This announcement being a prime example of that :lol

Iron Man?

Batman?

Yeah, we never see figures made of those two! :lol

I am not too familiar with Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Are the Batman suits very different between the 2?

Does anyone else think that a B&W "Promo" version would make for an awesome Con Exclusive? It'd be unique enough to intrigue people, but different enough and nonessential, so that collectors wouldn't have to worry about a hole in their collection.

I am not too familiar with Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Are the Batman suits very different between the 2?

There's not any major differences that I saw. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same :D

Hmm, do u think they will get round to a LOTR license?? I would die. That more than Star Wars, has been the one license that will make me unbelievably overjoyed, to the point that I would feel there were no more major license acquisitions required.... ever.

YES! Cant wait! Lots of Batman stuff coming out this year (and next year i'm assuming) from HT alone. Damn.

DX Batman 1989
DX Joker 1989
TDK DX Joker 2.0
1/6th and 1/4th scale TDKR figures
Batman Returns 1/6th and 14th scale figures.
Arkham City figures

Now HT needs to kill us with the grandest news by announcing the Lord of the Rings license lol.

There's not any major differences that I saw. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same :D

Not even close. They are totally different. The belts are different, the boots are different, and the guantlets are different too at the very least. They look similar to the casual observer, but much like Darth Vader, real fans know the differences.

Does anyone else think that a B&W "Promo" version would make for an awesome Con Exclusive? It'd be unique enough to intrigue people, but different enough and nonessential, so that collectors wouldn't have to worry about a hole in their collection.

I think so too. Its certainly better than those "stupid things" version they've been doing with Iron Man.

I'm interested in how Hot Toys will actually pull off this off. Batman had a skin-tight outfit in the Arkham games, and it will be hard to achieve that kind of detailing with the rubbers that we've seen so far. So I'm guessing that Hot Toys will probably have to use a fabric that's similar to the one on Christopher Reeve Superman. Spandex?

Hmm, do u think they will get round to a LOTR license?? I would die. That more than Star Wars, has been the one license that will make me unbelievably overjoyed, to the point that I would feel there were no more major license acquisitions required.... ever.

Nope. LotR isn't really popular in Asia. Its more of a European thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back