Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

I really doubt HT will use anything but rubber for this Batman figure, sucks... I would like to be proved wrong but I don't see it happening.

Yeah, I really hope they don't use rubber but I don't see it happening. It would be awesome if we got a pose able Bats out of this line though.

I don't know you're all fearing rubber. Nothing about the suit screams rubber. And its not really that complicated. The work on Captain America's shirt is more complicated and he wasn't a rubber suited figure. I'm sure it will be cloth and not rubber. There is just no need for it.

The only question is whether HT will step up and create a new body for him or fudge one with existing parts.

I don't see why everyone wants fabric for this, it wasn't fabric in the game. Personally, I think they should go a vinyl route, maybe something similar to the 89 suit, but modified to fit the specifications of an Arkham suit (I.e. thin enough to allow for the appropriate amount of articulation, but thick enough to not sustain damage in the process). The Arkham suit was incredibly detailed, and I really don't think that you could pick up on all of those subtle nuances with fabric, a vinyl route would allow them the venue to sculpt those things, while also not succumbing to some of the problems associated with rubber.

I don't know you're all fearing rubber. Nothing about the suit screams rubber. And its not really that complicated. The work on Captain America's shirt is more complicated and he wasn't a rubber suited figure. I'm sure it will be cloth and not rubber. There is just no need for it.

The only question is whether HT will step up and create a new body for him or fudge one with existing parts.

they'll prob use a hybrid of the superman body....

I don't see why everyone wants fabric for this, it wasn't fabric in the game.

And it wasn't rubber too :)

Batman-Arkham-City-1024x768.jpg

I never said it was, nor was I lobbying for rubber.

How the hell are they going to do the one-piece cape and cowl?

I don't have the dark knight batman. Is that suit rubber?

Okay, Batman is a must! Anyone else will be a maybe. Except Nightwing. Even Robin is kinda so-so.

And it wasn't rubber too :)

Batman-Arkham-City-1024x768.jpg

That's the first time I've seen a pic of arkham bats since the announcement. I am now even more excited! Sounds silly but it kinda made it sink in more!

Might cancel my '89 Batman for this. . .

:panic:

Better be joking. . .

:panic:

I don't see why everyone wants fabric for this, it wasn't fabric in the game. Personally, I think they should go a vinyl route, maybe something similar to the 89 suit, but modified to fit the specifications of an Arkham suit (I.e. thin enough to allow for the appropriate amount of articulation, but thick enough to not sustain damage in the process). The Arkham suit was incredibly detailed, and I really don't think that you could pick up on all of those subtle nuances with fabric, a vinyl route would allow them the venue to sculpt those things, while also not succumbing to some of the problems associated with rubber.

No way this will have a fabric suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back