1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess when people are nitpicking the teeth so much... :)lol) it means the sculpt is pretty good.

I’m not sure if I’ll pick this one up yet, it’s mostly on the hair at this point. The sculpt is decent if not straight up good, but I just want to see how the hair ends up on the finished product. There’s something off about it and her hairline.

I’m not even nitpicking the headsculpt, honestly. If I HAD to though, that would be it. :lol

I’m more worried about how they’re going to handle the knees. Thinning the material out would be my answer to it.

I’m one of those that liked the original knees on Harley before there was that uproar and they changed them. I know people at large like the newer knees better but they’re just odd to me, neither here nor there. And it’ll only be more evident on this one without the fishnets. I guess everyone can’t be happy lol

Definitely think it looks good otherwise!
Once someone else pointed out the teeth I was like, "can't... unsee..."

But yeah, the hair will probably need some work.
I guess when people are nitpicking the teeth so much... ([emoji38]) it means the sculpt is pretty good.

I’m not sure if I’ll pick this one up yet, it’s mostly on the hair at this point. The sculpt is decent if not straight up good, but I just want to see how the hair ends up on the finished product. There’s something off about it and her hairline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The problem with the teeth lies in reality; Margot's teeth are slightly unnatural in all the pictures you posted. She probably is a veneer patient as are many stars these days, and for Hollywood they often go a little too perfect. Notably her front four incisors; take a look at some of her non-film photos and you'll see the color contrast from the flash beginning at her canines, something commonly indicative of dental materials compared to natural teeth. Now that being said, she could be a rare case of abnormally perfect teeth, but had canine work done pre-whitening and matched it to her shade of teeth at that time, accounting for the color difference. Composites don't stain. Additionally, she retracts her upper lip higher when she smiles, exposing her gums, something the figure doesn't capture.

For what it's worth she has nice teeth, and the fact that the difference in tone is something she hasn't had fixed despite being famous is pretty awesome. A lot of stars go in and veneer everything the camera sees which is REALLY artificial looking.

Either way, HT did a pretty good job as far as mimicking her teeth in shape and definition, but not in dimension - they are very flat compared to reality. This minimizes the contacts between her teeth which makes it look artificial and slightly denture like on the figure. Harley's not going to be able to floss those!

The problem is the post processing in all of the photos from the film have definitely masked the natural aspect of her teeth - they look like chiclets comparatively with how white they come across, something I suspect they intended to capture for Harley. If anything, the HT teeth are more natural in color tone for non treated teeth.

But brown coat/blue coat aside, the biggest thing throwing the teeth off for you guys is that her gums A) don't come down far enough at the interdental gums or B) at the marginal gums - these two factors make them seem abnormally long. The sculpt of the mouth is actually really accurate and captures the linearity of her upper lip well.

Ha, chiclets! What a perfect comparison.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good analysis.

Like I said, though, it isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Just something to point out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Looks like they updated, and improved, this sculpt based on the SDCC video on Sideshow's site.

HQ Club HT.jpg

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Damn,she’s hideous! [emoji33][emoji15]

Looks like they updated, and improved, this sculpt based on the SDCC video on Sideshow's site.
Updated? You mean ruined? I guess they heard all the complaints about the teeth, screwed around with them and then ended up making it worse. The knees look even worse now too. Good lord Hot Toys. Get some seamless legs in there!

SDCC-2018-Hot-Toys-DC-020-2.jpg

I think it still looks okay. Flash photography often blands out the details. the teeth still look big though, don't get me wrong.

OMG the mouth ruins everything . The teeth are so straight and big. Jesus everything else looks good.

Updated? You mean ruined? I guess they heard all the complaints about the teeth, screwed around with them and then ended up making it worse. The knees look even worse now too. Good lord Hot Toys. Get some seamless legs in there!

Yeah, it doesn't look good in the photos posted. The sculpt is better and less doll-like but the teeth are a gum shield nightmare.

Back