1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u guys r crazy, it looks just like Margot!! its a gorgeous headsculpt. i hope the final looks something close to this. :)

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Looks pretty close to me.
15cfd3c3bb8fb1f791218b498e94b17d.jpg

f3f2465cab32e955fa4b89b9d55b4a00.jpg

f6f7fbd1f79180829cfcff6297713db0.jpg

I agree. She looks great!

They really just gotta work on thinning the overlapping rim of her knee joints. Needs to sit more flush, to avoid what we got with the previous Harley. Don’t get me wrong though. I have that figure and it’s a great piece.

If it doesn't look like her then it doesn't look like her. It has all her features but there isn't the likeness. Also it's clear from those pics how huge the tattoo on her chest is compared to the real pic

If it doesn't look like her then it doesn't look like her. It has all her features but there isn't the likeness. Also it's clear from those pics how huge the tattoo on her chest is compared to the real pic

You mean “lifeness“ as if it’s lifeless? Like a doll?

It’s a far better likeness than the initial Wonder Woman, I’ll say that. It’s not perfect, but none of their females ever are.

I kind of forgot about this one and not sure what made me remember it just now lol. I wonder if it's still tracking for 3rd Q this year? I have a feeling this one will get delayed as the body appears to be unique to this figure only. Also, there are still original and prisoner versions floating around for retail price with no apparent aftermarket demand? If this figure does get released, I wonder if the quantities will be more limited?

I hope she doesn’t get delayed to the point of disappearance. All she needs is a tweak in the knee joint material. Outside of that, she looks pretty good.

This and the Neo Matrix figure are really the only figures I have left on pre-order from Hot Toys. I’m hoping they turn out great and with very minor issues, if any. The last few figures I’ve picked up from them have been kinda meh. Really hoping I dislike the design of the DCEU Catwoman and Poison Ivy. Harley Quinn is already hard to resist. :lol

looking forward to this alot- should come in the next couple months...unless HT is using all production lines to get MCU stuff out sooner..

There was a sticker set floating around a while back that could be used on phicen bodies. It didn’t look that great though, honestly. We’re better off just praying to God, or Zeus, or Crom that they get this one right, lol.

The teeth are pretty off-putting

I wouldn't mind getting one of their Harleys, but I hate the elbows and was never fond of her tattoos
Looks pretty close to me.
15cfd3c3bb8fb1f791218b498e94b17d.jpg

f3f2465cab32e955fa4b89b9d55b4a00.jpg

f6f7fbd1f79180829cfcff6297713db0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There was a sticker set floating around a while back that could be used on phicen bodies. It didn’t look that great though, honestly. We’re better off just praying to God, or Zeus, or Crom that they get this one right, lol.
I just got the Superduck version,need stickers for the body
found some on e-bay

The teeth are pretty off-putting

I wouldn't mind getting one of their Harleys, but I hate the elbows and was never fond of her tattoos

Off putting? HT can’t win I guess. They get bashed if they idealize a sculpt and get bashed if they create a near perfect representation of what’s on screen.

??
I mean, there's going to be criticism no matter what. In this case even side by side her teeth are a wee too even and not really like human teeth at all.

Might not be a deal breaker, but it's something I noticed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Off putting? HT can’t win I guess. They get bashed if they idealize a sculpt and get bashed if they create a near perfect representation of what’s on screen.

I couldn't give 2 ****s about this figure. I'm bored at work and just checked out this section. I see the picture, read the negative comment, and want to bash my head against a wall. We sure are a picky bunch.

I get what they're saying about the teeth. They're not bad but they look a hair too large and forward. Also the teeth farther back aren't being covered up enough by the lips so its making it look more exaggerated. Still pretty decent though.

The problem with the teeth lies in reality; Margot's teeth are slightly unnatural in all the pictures you posted. She probably is a veneer patient as are many stars these days, and for Hollywood they often go a little too perfect. Notably her front four incisors; take a look at some of her non-film photos and you'll see the color contrast from the flash beginning at her canines, something commonly indicative of dental materials compared to natural teeth. Now that being said, she could be a rare case of abnormally perfect teeth, but had canine work done pre-whitening and matched it to her shade of teeth at that time, accounting for the color difference. Composites don't stain. Additionally, she retracts her upper lip higher when she smiles, exposing her gums, something the figure doesn't capture.

For what it's worth she has nice teeth, and the fact that the difference in tone is something she hasn't had fixed despite being famous is pretty awesome. A lot of stars go in and veneer everything the camera sees which is REALLY artificial looking.

Either way, HT did a pretty good job as far as mimicking her teeth in shape and definition, but not in dimension - they are very flat compared to reality. This minimizes the contacts between her teeth which makes it look artificial and slightly denture like on the figure. Harley's not going to be able to floss those!

The problem is the post processing in all of the photos from the film have definitely masked the natural aspect of her teeth - they look like chiclets comparatively with how white they come across, something I suspect they intended to capture for Harley. If anything, the HT teeth are more natural in color tone for non treated teeth.

But brown coat/blue coat aside, the biggest thing throwing the teeth off for you guys is that her gums A) don't come down far enough at the interdental gums or B) at the marginal gums - these two factors make them seem abnormally long. The sculpt of the mouth is actually really accurate and captures the linearity of her upper lip well.

Back