Art Books -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Art Books

1. :yess:

2. Further to Ill's link heres a preview .:wink1:
1. Did you order from Weta? Amazon has it for $23.09!!

2. I'm really digging the art in Moonshine, the Robot with the Kid on its head has me sold and only $13 at Amazon! :yess:

Does anyone have the Art of Capcom...not the second but the first?

Aslo whats the "Art of Resident evil 5" like....any good?
I don't have the Capcom book, but I plan on getting it. If it's anything like the Art of Capcom 2 then it's amazing.

The RE5 book is beautiful, Udon did a great job with it.

1. Did you order from Weta? Amazon has it for $23.09!!

2. I'm really digging the art in Moonshine, the Robot with the Kid on its head has me sold and only $13 at Amazon! :yess:

Yeah i ordered direct from Weta and its even cheaper here than Amazon plus free shipping.

Come on Ill,any book that has Art in the title and is related to film your all over it.:lol :duff

My wife surprised me Art of Capcom, Art of Capcom 2, and the Art of Resident Evil 5 yesterday for my B-day (which was last saturday) and she also ordered that dreamworks moon shine book for me :yess:

all 3 Capcom Books are Gorgeous!!!!

Finally took a look at Dodson's recent book. PRetty disappointed with all the sketchwork. Really not a lot finished pieces and pretty odd characters.

My wife surprised me Art of Capcom, Art of Capcom 2, and the Art of Resident Evil 5 yesterday for my B-day (which was last saturday) and she also ordered that dreamworks moon shine book for me :yess:

all 3 Capcom Books are Gorgeous!!!!
That's awesome, your wife is a keeper!! :hi5:

Finally took a look at Dodson's recent book. PRetty disappointed with all the sketchwork. Really not a lot finished pieces and pretty odd characters.

I really liked it, to me art is not always about finished pieces, I like to see the artists process and how they refine their craft. Sketches and character studies let us know how they get from concept to finished design, which I love.

This came in this past week, haven't had a chance to look at it, but I'm sure it's awesome.

928f9903.jpg

I really liked it, to me art is not always about finished pieces, I like to see the artists process and how they refine their craft. Sketches and character studies let us know how they get from concept to finished design, which I love.

I don't disagree... however, it would have been nice to see a few completed pieces don't you think ?

Not just the cover.

This came in this past week, haven't had a chance to look at it, but I'm sure it's awesome.

928f9903.jpg

I want it :(

You and me both.

hey ill that Struzan book....any different then this one?

or as large, cause this is the one i have that is over sized and pretty thick....i just want to know if this new black one is a reprint of sorts or totally new stuff? cause the cover images of this new one are all in the book i already have.

and the price difference is huge between the 2, the original white still goes for over $100 bucks, even at amazon and this new black one can be had for $30

51YVV9TG56L._SS500_.jpg

I don't disagree... however, it would have been nice to see a few completed pieces don't you think ?

Not just the cover.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but every artist is different.

hey ill that Struzan book....any different then this one?

or as large, cause this is the one i have that is over sized and pretty thick....i just want to know if this new black one is a reprint of sorts or totally new stuff? cause the cover images of this new one are all in the book i already have.

and the price difference is huge between the 2, the original white still goes for over $100 bucks, even at amazon and this new black one can be had for $30

51YVV9TG56L._SS500_.jpg
I haven't looked at the new one yet, but I'd imagine that it's pretty much the same/reprint.

I bought the white one at SDCC for $20. :yess:

yeah its pretty much the same, its a good book for people who missed out on the original....i'm gonna pass, i looked through it just about an hour ago and its much smaller and thinner, and not as much content as the one above, still a gorgeous book though!!!

Congrats on getting the white one for $20, thats a friggin STEAL!!! :hi5:

Back