Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least her stuff isn't hanging out like most of the stuff posted in here :lol

:)

Slave Rey
Slave Rey Sketch.jpg

Sadness (Inside Out)
Sadness Inside Out Sketch.jpg

Princess Daisy
Princess Daisy Sketch.jpg

All three of those are pretty racy, but not really all that impressive IMHO. The "Slave Rey" doesn't even remotely look like her, the "Sadness" looks exaggeratedly disproportionate, and the "Princess Daisy" looks like Daisy's head was simply transplanted onto a different woman's body. All of them are a thousand times better than I could do, but they still aren't doing it for me.

LOL

All three of those are pretty racy, but not really all that impressive IMHO. The "Slave Rey" doesn't even remotely look like her, the "Sadness" looks exaggeratedly disproportionate, and the "Princess Daisy" looks like Daisy's head was simply transplanted onto a different woman's body. All of them are a thousand times better than I could do, but they still aren't doing it for me.

I'm not good with likenesses so I didnt bother with trying to. I do sketches a bit too quickly (for my own speed), so they do get a bit disproportioned at times. i dont see the Daisy head on another woman's body thing but okay.

Great stuff Eddie.

Just wanna make clear, D, that I, in no way, mean to impugn you as an artist. I do a lot of 3D art- not all of it "hits it." Can't be expected to knock it out of the park EVERY time, y'know? Your work is STILL stellar and, like I said, a thousand times better than I could do. Just wanted to clear it up- I typically really like your stuff. But I'd like to think, as an artist, you can take it with a grain of salt when an audience member sometimes (ONLY SOMETIMES!!!) ends up going, "Meh." Nine times out of ten, you get my attention in the best way possible- and that's 9 times better than a LOT of people could ever hope for or expect. Ya got mad skillz, man. Never doubt it or think that any of us wouldn't say it in a hot second. :)

Back