Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes - $400 for a 3/4 bust up copic marker commission with minimum backgrounds? They're nice, but even Debalfo only charges $200-$300 for his commissions.

Yikes - $400 for a 3/4 bust up copic marker commission with minimum backgrounds? They're nice, but even Debalfo only charges $200-$300 for his commissions.

but on the flip side, JSC would charge at least $400 for a marker head sketch on a blank comic cover. so really it's all on how much does one value the talent of an artist in addition to how often he'll see the artist AND opportunity to get a commission from the artist.

400 is a fair amount, but worth it looking the stuff he's been doing. And on that note:

095e522d41382a0065e2b60df671fe98-d5n4ndd.jpg

Plus Stanley only did 20 slots. And he hasn't done traditional media in 17 years. He mostly does digital covers. My thinking is that this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Nice sig by the way, really enjoyed that movie.

Thanks! I did as well! I'm currently reading the books, which are also great. Kinda bummed though that we probably won't see a sequel film to this one.

EDIT:
Oh, and a quick question in general; The book Cover Run: The DC Comics Art of Adam Hughes, is it good? I've been thinking about picking it up.

Last edited:
The Adam Hughes book is excellent. A must own IMO

Thanks! I did as well! I'm currently reading the books, which are also great. Kinda bummed though that we probably won't see a sequel film to this one.

EDIT:
Oh, and a quick question in general; The book Cover Run: The DC Comics Art of Adam Hughes, is it good? I've been thinking about picking it up.

Back