Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newest Aspen prints!

DSCN3780_zpsbe1c541c.jpg

DSCN3785_zps1eccf002.jpg

So, after all this time I'm thinking about selling my Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix Bruce Timm piece. I just hate that gaping mouth and pupil eyes drawn on her and there's no way I would destroy the piece by trying to erase them myself. And while I hate not having Timm in my original art collection, I know all I'm gonna do is look at the art and loathe it. What has me wanting to sell it off more so is that there's another piece of original art from another person that I really want and I'd be happier putting the Timm money towards that.

What do you guys think? Am I nuts?
(original "dopey" version on the left - prelim in the middle - preferred Photoshop look on the right)

TimmPhoenixColorBWEdit.jpg

So, after all this time I'm thinking about selling my Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix Bruce Timm piece. I just hate that gaping mouth and pupil eyes drawn on her and there's no way I would destroy the piece by trying to erase them myself. And while I hate not having Timm in my original art collection, I know all I'm gonna do is look at the art and loathe it. What has me wanting to sell it off more so is that there's another piece of original art from another person that I really want and I'd be happier putting the Timm money towards that.

What do you guys think? Am I nuts?
(original "dopey" version on the left - prelim in the middle - preferred Photoshop look on the right)

]
Will you be able to get another Timm original? You make it sound as though you wouldn't be able to replace it. If you can't then yes your nuts. I would love to have a Timm image. I'm new to the original art collecting, and still cringe at some of the prices.

i agree it is hard to look at, but if you really don't like a piece...someone else out there probably will.

The middle Phoenix picture actually makes it look like her eyes are closed which is cool? I don't like the mouth or the body either.

Just got home from a mini vacation and these gorgeous prints have arrived! The Kiani and Executive Assistant are just gorgeous, but for me the Soulfire takes the prize. I am just in love with this image of Grace and love the magic in it; from the swirling colored mist to the magic emanating from her. I'm so glad to have these in my collection!

DSCN3799_zps043938cb.jpg

DSCN3801_zpsb6452552.jpg

DSCN3795_zps65ebf432.jpg

Back