Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questionable maybe, but definitely not stupid.
Unless making money from your art is now deemed as stupid?!

Selling something as limited then selling it again after the first print and pissing off you fans who in the end pay your bills is stupid... Master Replicas did the same thing... and its the same (business practice)

Selling something as limited then selling it again after the first print and pissing off you fans who in the end pay your bills is stupid... Master Replicas did the same thing... and its the same (business practice)

And that's what you are concerned about isn't it really, the fans? Doesn't sound like it in my opinion.

All hear is, "my print will now loose value because Campbell decided to print more."

Don't BS an Irishman dude! ;)

And that's what you are concerned about isn't it really, the fans? Doesn't sound like it in my opinion.

All hear is, "my print will now loose value because Campbell decided to print more."

Don't BS an Irishman dude! ;)

I dont buy the numbered prints from him... i will not get a commission from him either... i dont care about the value... i buy what i like... read what i type... Im irish too so dont assume you are the only Irishman in the world

I dont buy the numbered prints from him... i will not get a commission from him either... i dont care about the value... i buy what i like... read what i type... Im irish too so dont assume you are the only Irishman in the world

If you don't care about the value as you say, you wouldn't be dumping on him for reprinting some of his best loved art.
You'd be happy that there are more folks who get to display his art.

I don't think that's a difficult concept to grasp.

If you don't care about the value as you say, you wouldn't be dumping on him for reprinting some of his best loved art.
You'd be happy that there are more folks who get to display his art.

I don't think that's a difficult concept to grasp.

the thing is dont have a limited first run... you get it cause its limited then bam 10,000 more on the market... is it so hard to change the coloring or the background... hes an artist if he cant do it

Questionable maybe, but definitely not stupid.
Unless making money from your art is now deemed as stupid?!

This idea of being limited vs. unlimited has been around for ages.

Mona Lisa anyone ?

Variants ?

People pay millions for a one of a kind piece. The same mentality relates to someone purchasing a limited edition piece.

Let's cut this discussion here and get back the art

the thing is dont have a limited first run... you get it cause its limited then bam 10,000 more on the market... is it so hard to change the coloring or the background... hes an artist if he cant do it

I buy it because I like the art.
I don't care about how limited it is.

Nevermind you dont want to listen... :slap

You are correct! I don't want to listen to folks dumping on an artist because he or she decides to reprint something that was in demand.

Have a moan but to dump on him like you guys have, ie. like he's done something truly aweful is in my opinion petty and exposes are concern about money (in this case 30 or so bucks) instead of art.

Here's a hot chick and a rather big robot!

3057.jpg

You are correct! I don't want to listen to folks dumping on an artist because he or she decides to reprint something that was in demand.

Have a moan but to dump on him like you guys have, ie. like he's done something truly aweful is in my opinion petty and exposes are concern about money (in this case 30 or so bucks) instead of art.

Here's a hot chick and a rather big robot!

3057.jpg

And ill dump on the d bags all day :thwak He should never have a specific # if he plans to reprint... why put a number to get it to sell quickly so he can sell more GREED hes not doing it for arts sake

You guys are sad. Both have made valid points. But the argument is mute. Can we move on now. You both agree to disagree. Whatever !

I'm with Daikken. If I wanted to watch a bunch of hens squabble over meaningless and essentially unrelated BS, I'd go with my wife to the FRG meetings. I'm here to see some good art and, if it's REALLY good, save it to my Kindle for future enjoyment.

Back