Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow month for pinups

GFT101-cover-Artgerm1.jpg

This is another gorgeous piece. I love the colors, everything plays off each other extremely well!!

I am in love with sooooo many of these Pin ups lately.
Germs Scarlet Witch is amazing

Harley Selfie is quality as well.

Now I think I may have mentioned before I'm getting a hankering for a Pin up tattoo & I'd been recommended by Mr Jones85 to look up on Deviant Art for some inspiration but I get SO lost looking on there that I don't know where to go.
So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good artists to look at for some ideas??
I'm feeling something like a Grimm Fairy Tale cover or DC inspired piece but some more ideas would definitely not go amiss ;)

Thanks guys

Neil

I guess it depends on what price range you're going for. Something with a lot of shading is gonna cost more ( and hurt a lot more! :lol ) Can't hurt to visit some local Tattoo artists and see their work as well.

A simple piece made up of just line work is the way I'd go.. Will look better in years to come too.

Just take your time man, you're gonna be wearing it forever. Keep looking, when you find it you'll know.

I guess it depends on what price range you're going for. Something with a lot of shading is gonna cost more ( and hurt a lot more! :lol ) Can't hurt to visit some local Tattoo artist and see their work as well.

A simple piece made up of just line work is the way I'd go.. Will look better in years to come too.

Just take your time man, you're gonna be wearing it forever. Keep looking, when you find it you'll know.

Thanks Man, I know full well the extent of pain...I'm currently wearing this on my leg

20130525_161030_zpsed9d4400.jpg

20130525_161038_zps0ed6ccc9.jpg

20130525_161102_zps3cbc7e32.jpgf

20130525_161047_zpsf5e9c149.jpg

Just fancy something a bit different ;)

I have a couple of local artists in mind at the same studio I had that done so will chat with them when I have an idea in mind (My old artist that did that has moved studio & has become so busy I doubt I'll ever get back in with him)
I'm also off to a Tattoo convention at the end of May so will get to see a lot more artists which will no doubt help with inspiration & might give me a few new artists to consider.

Thanks again

Neil

Cool, just google pin-ups, pinups, pin ups ( all the variations ) and like JJJ said, do the same on DA. I'm sure you'll find something that resonates. Good luck in your quest for permanent pin up. :duff

Back