Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lil_get_together_by_mariochavez-d49sha7.jpg

Awww guys, I gotta vent a bit here to you original art appreciators. Someone just offered me an okay sum for my original JSC piece, but it wasn't anything really spectacular compared to the time I invested in getting it, the original price I paid to JSC, and the additional price I paid to have it framed professionally and nicely. I politely passed and said that if the offer wasn't something spectacular I wasn't willing to part with it. Now this guy came back again and offered a bigger price, not big enough mind you, and so I just sent out an email asking for fifty percent more than what this last offer was. At my price asked it would double what I feel I've invested into it and I told him that that price would be the only consideration I'd give to selling it to him. Still, I love JSC and the piece he made and I loved the time I invested into getting it at all the different conventions and appearances I met him in person at to talk about it and I'd feel really down if I had to let it go. But if the dude wants this piece for the high $$$$ I asked for I almost have to sell it... Right?

Maaaannn, this is a serious decision that I'm not ready to make or even think about making if it comes true =/

Last edited:
Well since you didn't originally put it up for sale, you technically don't have to accept his offer of accepting your offer. If you want the picture keep the damn picture.

Awww guys, I gotta vent a bit here to you original art appreciators. Someone just offered me an okay sum for my original JSC piece, but it wasn't anything really spectacular compared to the time I invested in getting it, the original price I paid to JSC, and the additional price I paid to have it framed professionally and nicely. I politely passed and said that if the offer wasn't something spectacular I wasn't willing to part with it. Now this guy came back again and offered a bigger price, not big enough mind you, and so I just sent out an email asking for fifty percent more than what this last offer was. At my price asked it would double what I feel I've invested into it and I told him that that price would be the only consideration I'd give to selling it to him. Still, I love JSC and the piece he made and I loved the time I invested into getting it at all the different conventions and appearances I met him in person at to talk about it and I'd feel really down if I had to let it go. But if the dude wants this piece for the high $$$$ I asked for I almost have to sell it... Right?

Maaaannn, this is a serious decision that I'm not ready to make or even think about making if it comes true =/

First of all, I would never sell a JSC original unless it was ABSOLUTELY necessary. I'm a big fan of his work and hope to one day get an original piece myself.
Second, you haven't signed anything in blood that says if you pay me this much I will sell it. It's all negotiations and you or the buyer can back out at anytime. So if you don't want to sell it anymore, don't sell it. If deep down inside you're going to feel bad about letting it go, then just email the buyer and say that it is no longer for sale and sorry for wasting your time.
Third, with all that said...can you help me get a JSC commission too please :pray:

]

Do you need the money? If so, I say sell it. JSC ain't going anywhere and you can get another.
But art always goe sup in price so it might be worth holding on to it another few years.
If you are emotionally attached I would personally keep it as long as I can.

If you are offered that price now, you will be later on so I would not be pressured into anything if I were you! :)

Back