Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lady_Meckanika_commission_by_qualano.jpg

You beat me to it ! LOL.

:yess::yess::yess:

I'm hoping he turns this one into a print. This guy would make a killing if he attended conventions and sold these in person instead of taking a small amount of each sell through DA, but im glad he doesnt cause DA is so convenient. I wish some of the bigger artists would sell more through there.

I am actually less impressed with almost all of the pieces this year. They really do not have the impact of the first batch. At least to me. I know I am in the minority there... but it's just how I see it. Only 1 or 2
pull me in.

Im with you there. I only picked up the new mermaid and arabian nights prints. the rest were pretty bland imo. the first year of fairytale prints were way better than 2011

I love my LCS. I couldn't make it to Campbell's in store signing, but the store got a few of his items to sell. I just picked up signed copies of Blue Beauties and More Grey Area.:yess:

That's a water color painting, he had this Psylocke on display at SDCC, it was beautiful. He was taking commisions for them for $400, I'm thinking about having him do one in the near future.

IMG_1318.jpg

OHH ERMMMM GEEEEE

I'M IN LOVE :thud:
Yeah, it blew my mind that it was watercolor. You better believe, if I had enough money on me, I would've bought that right then and there. That picture does it no justice either, up close it was simply stunning.

I'm hoping to see Philip Tan at LBCC in October, I'll see what I can do.

That's a water color painting, he had this Psylocke on display at SDCC, it was beautiful. He was taking commisions for them for $400, I'm thinking about having him do one in the near future.

IMG_1318.jpg

OHH ERMMMM GEEEEE

I'M IN LOVE :thud:

kate and i actually took the time to sit and watch him do a Psylocke commission at SDCC (above) and it was just amazing to watch him work. makes it look so damn easy, right out of thin air onto paper. :monkey4 :monkey2

kate and i actually took the time to sit and watch him do a Psylocke commission at SDCC (above) and it was just amazing to watch him work. makes it look so damn easy, right out of thin air onto paper. :monkey4 :monkey2
They all make it look too easy and yes it is sickening. Why couldn't I have at least half of that talent. :(

I really hope I have the money for (and he has the time) a commission come October. :pray:

Back