Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some ebas love:

doggie_leg_by_ebas.jpg

ebas is really impressing me and to think i never new of him if it wasn't for this thread.:clap

Some ebas love:

doggie_leg_by_ebas.jpg
Mandy + eBas = WIN

Damn, I'm really starting to like ebas. He's in my top 5, I think.
I love so many artists, but yeah eBas is easily in my top ten, if not top five. A lot of heavyweights in my top ten.

You should've been there on Preview night, I met him at the Sideshow booth and talked to him for a while. He is a really nice and humble dude.

So, I have a commission all lined up with an artist and I know what character I want from him. Problem is, I can't figure out what type of pose I'd want.

I trust the posters in this thread, so does anyone have any ideas or some good links to "pictures" with some nice reference poses??

just look at it this way......You're not forcing...you're promoting :D
:yess:

So, I have a commission all lined up with an artist and I know what character I want from him. Problem is, I can't figure out what type of pose I'd want.

I trust the posters in this thread, so does anyone have any ideas or some good links to "pictures" with some nice reference poses??
I would need to know the character and the artist before I make my suggestion. :D

I would need to know the character and the artist before I make my suggestion. :D

Good point :)

I'm getting the Baroness from GI Joe (my "go to girl" - and not the live action version :nono) and the artist is Leo Leibelman. He's more of a painter, but he starts everything in pencil sketch and moves over to paints if you want to pay extra (I might depending on how the sketch comes out).

I'm more of a legs/hips fan, but the Baroness is tricky because you want to see the Cobra insignia on her uniform and having her turned around defeats that purpose. I've looked at all sorts of model pictures and maxim/fhm stuff trying to find a pose that could somehow catch both view points, but I couldn't. That's why I'm putting this commissions pose in the loving arms of the Sideshow Freaks Art fans :)

Here's all I could really find of his works online to show examples of Leo Leibelman:

Sketched (the image codes aren't working as images, so just click on the links themselves :))
https://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_44682/subcat_91440/Batman%20Women%20-%20Leo%20Leibelman%202010.jpg
https://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_169/subcat_40066/Witchblade-LLeibelman.JPG
https://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_20885/subcat_84818/leo%20conan.jpg

Painted
pirate_with_two_women_1_.jpg

43-4344-NP6SF00Z.jpg

44-4497-5VSQF00Z.jpg

Should look pretty damn good.

I've always thought a seated pose shows off a good set of legs... Heaps of variation there too, legs spread front on, knees together front on, both legs to the side with a twist in the torso so you can see the insignia. It all works.

Attachments

• rockyfig2.jpg
    rockyfig2.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BUTKUS4-c.jpg
    BUTKUS4-c.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rockobutkus.jpg
    rockobutkus.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3896.JPG
    IMG_3896.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    665.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3898.JPG
    IMG_3898.JPG
    734.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    694.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    643.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
That EBAS Vampirella print has been out for awhile. I bought an AP of one a year or two ago off Ebay, just had EBAS sign it at the Phoenix comiccon.

I wasn't very happy with how the print turned out, flimsy card stock and colors were not very vibrant. Maybe that's why it was an AP.

Back