Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone buy these?

9004721press11001261588.jpg

There cute but no, I didnt order them.

ivy_harley_and_catwoman_by_nebezial.jpg

I'm sure most of you have seen this piece already, but it just hit me that the guy is based outta Europe and he does commissions for pick up at big conventions...

With little more than two weeks to go until SDCC, I wonder if there'd be enough time to contact the dude, get him to make something for me, and have it look somewhat decent by the time the convention starts...

Maybe not, huh?

anyone buy these?

9004721press11001261588.jpg

ivy_harley_and_catwoman_by_nebezial.jpg

I'm sure most of you have seen this piece already, but it just hit me that the guy is based outta Europe and he does commissions for pick up at big conventions...

With little more than two weeks to go until SDCC, I wonder if there'd be enough time to contact the dude, get him to make something for me, and have it look somewhat decent by the time the convention starts...

Maybe not, huh?

I think that Sejic's work right? You might as well try.

I just saw this post...

...Damn that's hot!! I'm loving Roux's stuff more and more!

How could you miss that pic? :dunno :slap

Speaking of Mandy statues, does anyone recall one where she's painting a fence a kinda peach color and her dog grabs a roller and paints over the rear of her shorts, making it look like she has nothing on back there?

It was many years ago when I saw it in a Toyfare magazine, but I have no clue as to what year it was

Speaking of Mandy statues, does anyone recall one where she's painting a fence a kinda peach color and her dog grabs a roller and paints over the rear of her shorts, making it look like she has nothing on back there?

It was many years ago when I saw it in a Toyfare magazine, but I have no clue as to what year it was
Was that a statue? I don't recall ever seeing one that looked like that.

Great looking statue. Too bad I know nothing about the character.
No back story really, just a beautiful girl he created for a series of picture books. I love his art style and have several of his books.

Are you sure it was Mandy you saw?

libertymeadows5.jpg

:wink1:

Are you sure it was Mandy you saw?

:wink1:

Wow, ok. The composition and the basic idea are correct, but I really wanna say I remember a girl on her knees, painting a picket fence a peach type color, and her black dog rolling paint on her behind, making her look naked.

But since I can't remember anything about it, the name of the statue company, the artist (I didn't know much about artists yet, let alone Dean Yeagle), what year it was (wish I didn't throw away those old Toyfares (let alone Nintendo Powers)), I'll settle for it being Frank Chos Brandy

Thanks

1_8877da560b482856e99d265d503cb473.jpg

Back