Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already posted that Black Cat you bastard. :tap .. your picture is better though. :rotfl

DAMN!!! $8,000 for those two? People got some serious cash. I think those are the new Heroes auction record. What material did they use? Looks like paint for the Zatanna and Black Cat in markers. And I actually like the Black Cat more than the Zatanna. :horror

That sydney is also nice.
Oops, sorry, I didn't see it. :yess:

Yup, $8,000 is a new record. I LOVE the Black Cat, it's my favorite of the three, followed by JSC's Sydney, then AH!'s Zatanna. Brooks' piece just looks the most polished, although I love the sketch lines Adam left on the Zatanna. He sure does have a thing for that character.

Oops, sorry, I didn't see it. :yess:

Yup, $8,000 is a new record. I LOVE the Black Cat, it's my favorite of the three, followed by JSC's Sydney, then AH!'s Zatanna. Brooks' piece just looks the most polished, although I love the sketch lines Adam left on the Zatanna. He sure does have a thing for that character.

No problem. I saw some more pictures of the images and they are 20 X 30. Thats pretty damn big. And yeah, the Black Cat is just beautiful. If someone told me that was for a cover or took a few days to do I would believe them... but to do it at a con for an auction is just wow.

Some more pics.

hc2010_campbell_sydneysavage_wip2.jpg

hc2010_campbell.jpg

hc2010_campbell_sydneysavage_wip1.jpg

hc2010_hughes_minaharker_wip1.jpg

hc2010_hughes_minaharker_wip3.jpg

i hope Brooks' Black Cat painting gets printed since he did it with his scarlet witch.

Sephane Roux $5250

art_roux.jpg

Phil Noto $2500

art_noto.jpg
I really hope Roux is at SDCC this year, I'd love to be able to get some prints from him. This Dejah Thoris is beautiful.

I love Phil Noto's work, there's just something very beautiful about it. I have one of his books and it's awesome.

i hope Brooks' Black Cat painting gets printed since he did it with his scarlet witch.
If he does I'm definitely getting it.

Picked up both the Campbell GRAY sketch books today & a few more fairy tail prints. Man, those sketch books sure are nice - love 'em! :hi5:
Congrats man!

Wow! That JSC big Black Cat is amazing!! Lucky SOB whoever won that!! All be it for 4k!

I got my Voodoo pinup done for SQ Productions.
I wish I could show the whole thing but these are exclusive to art books.

Voodoo-Witchcrop.jpg

line art again!
https://theextremist.co.uk/MVC/Voodoo-Pinup.jpg
Looks great Eamon!! :clap

I'd love to know what those guys do for a living that they can afford artwork at that price. This dude named is Eddie Choi bought the JSC Black Cat and the Mark Brooks at the auction, that's $12,000 on art!! :horror

Looks great Eamon!! :clap

I'd love to know what those guys do for a living that they can afford artwork at that price. This dude named is Eddie Choi bought the JSC Black Cat and the Mark Brooks at the auction, that's $12,000 on art!! :horror

Yeah I know of a few people who buy original artwork like they are buying stamps. Its crazy. they spend some serious cash at shows. Plus they go to most of the big conventions in the US. I'm lucky enough to get to go to a decent sized one per year.

I really hope Roux is at SDCC this year, I'd love to be able to get some prints from him. This Dejah Thoris is beautiful.

I love Phil Noto's work, there's just something very beautiful about it. I have one of his books and it's awesome.

If he does I'm definitely getting it.

Congrats man!

I think Roux will be at the SDCC. Are you going? If so get on his sketch list. it's worth the money. And maybe you can help me out with a few things. lol

I second that.

Man, I love this thread. So much info in one place. Appreciate all the pics and insight provided.
When I first started the thread almost nobody would come in here! I never thought it would still be going strong for this long! :rock

Man, I love this Jean Grey/Marvel Girl painting! :love :rock :rock
Noto's work is amazing, love the faces he draws.

P.S. Was watching Open Range the other day, LOVE that movie! :rock

Back