Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read any of his books.

In my opinion he very much over plays what he does like he's Picasso and is just weird in general.

For a pinup artist, I find he takes himself way too seriously.

But then who cares what he's like as long as he keeps painting! :D

Happens alot with artists who have been doing it for awhile. Have you ever tried talking to Frank Cho at a con? Good luck with that.

Happens alot with artists who have been doing it for awhile.

There's not very talkative in person and then there's talking arse in an art book. Two very different situations.

Have you ever tried talking to Frank Cho at a con? Good luck with that.

No luck required. Just politeness. :cool:

chomars.jpg

There's not very talkative in person and then there's talking arse in an art book. Two very different situations.

No luck required. Just politeness. :cool:

chomars.jpg

Well he can be bit of a prick. Dont ask him about original art. He will most likely tell you no in a very rude manner. But he loves it when you buy his stuff. :rolleyes:

Geesh, can we get back to visuals ....

Like I said, I could give two craps about the artist's manners or ways, I just want to enjoy their talent.

Hughes schedule for the year...

Start planning now !

March 12 - 14: Mega Con, Orlando
April 2 - 4: Wonder Con, San Fransisco
April 16 - 18: C2E2; Chicago
May 1st: Free Comic Book Day; Charlotte
May 15 - 16: Spring Con, Minnesota
June 4 - 6: Heroes Con, Charlotte
July 21 - 25: San Diego Comic Con International
Aug. 12 - 15: Star Wars Celebrations, Orlando (pending invitation)
Oct. 8 - 10: New York Comic Con

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably be at SDCC this year so if the queue is not too big I may get in like.

I want him to draw me a Teela! :D
It would be awesome to meet and hang out with you!

Look forward to be spending somewhere near $1500 then.
Those are Campbell prices. AH! charges $200 for a 'head and shoulders' sketch and $400 for a full body sketch.

It would be awesome to meet and hang out with you!

Those are Campbell prices. AH! charges $200 for a 'head and shoulders' sketch and $400 for a full body sketch.

At all cons except SDCC. Last year he had auctions on ebay to do 2 or 3 sketches at the show and they went for like $1500. His seller name is atomhues. Not sure if he even will be doing sketches at SDCC at all.

Here is one of them. Read the description https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=545940&GSub=85861:

adam_hughes_white_queen_md.jpg

Back