Arnie Kim Handmade Bruce Lee Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I watch it on eBay every now and then, it seems to just be the same two listings never selling, but it's never under $500 - 600. We're talking about the one put out by CRM, the one pictured. There's another version put out by another company that sells for much less but I don't like that one.

I thought it was james dean but whats with the camera looks like a journalist?

Anyway you may be interested in this thread:)

Right right;)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76611

I'm not sure of the origin of the camera there but you can see a few pictures of Dean with it in Google Images. I'm thinking maybe he just liked photography, that could be all.

Thanks a lot for that link, too. I had no idea. I usually stick to just the General and Robots boards and so I completely missed that whole thread.

Yeah, I watch it on eBay every now and then, it seems to just be the same two listings never selling, but it's never under $500 - 600. We're talking about the one put out by CRM, the one pictured. There's another version put out by another company that sells for much less but I don't like that one.

I'm not sure of the origin of the camera there but you can see a few pictures of Dean with it in Google Images. I'm thinking maybe he just liked photography, that could be all.

Thanks a lot for that link, too. I had no idea. I usually stick to just the General and Robots boards and so I completely missed that whole thread.

I've only seen the crm one on ebay myself which is ok, cool accessories not too keen on the likeness.
No probs on the link maybe I'll get some commsion of an outfit if you buy a set;)
I bought the head hat and accessories so far, can't wait looks really good imo;)

Hi guys, sorry I didn't see the questions earlier -- and sorry to pull the thread off topic. The Dean figure is an early Hot Toys release from designer Eric So. It is 'real-life' Dean and not a movie role. It also included a set of his cherished bongo drums, which don't go with the outdoor winter outfit. But Dean was indeed a photographer, and he wore glasses like those offscreen too. The Marilyn is from Toys McCoy, and Alex is the CRM. All three were repainted by Les Walker. The large scale Arnie Kim Bruce Lee was something I tried to get for years, and only Art of Toy (which Arnie now loathes) had it. The finally put it up for auction at about a third of what they first wanted, so I liberated it. In most available photos of it, JC Hong has repainted it with his customary high degree of artistry. I don't know the origins of this paint up, but it may be Arnie's own very early paint work. I'll have to ask him.

My Arnie Kim Figure. Make 1 Out Of 1 Prototype.

5121990060_886d131787_b.jpg

5121388011_6096b036d6_b.jpg

5121990290_dfd5b55b07_b.jpg

5121989976_bc34c7784d_b.jpg

5121387929_b4997514ff_b.jpg

5121388269_8e7e0cbfc6_b.jpg

Figure provenance from a Korean toy collector (will omit his name here) directly purchased from Arnie Kim at 2005. He actually collected the entire Arnie Kim figure series from GOD, ETD, FOF, etc. This figure is a special edition made 1 / 1 as prototype and never been mass produced (the 30 amount mass production). It comes with Arnie's cert :)

For sure it is not the stolen figure of R.Kwok :)

Thanks.

:winkpumpkGlad to know you're wise to Kwok too...what a tale that was.

Any other Arnie Originals out there in the hands of Freaks? I have one more that's not a BL, in my signature panel. It was just the head, painted, and accompanied by Arnie's certificate. I don't think he ever offered a figure, due to the complexity of the outfit. Second from left:

Is this thread dead? I may have to post my AK BL and bring this back to life. ;)

very nice bruce lee collection(I have a large collection also)arnie's early BL were early 2000's and at the time were the ''ultimate'' BL figures out there.serious collectors bought them as they were made in small numbers,that's why prices are high(some are asking way to much) i'd say 1000-1500 is the region of a fair price,yes by today's standards the look their age,but rarity keeps the prices high.
Arnie's working on a new WOTD figure and he hopes to mass produce his BL figures in the future(that will be very welcomed by me)as EB have really not given us collectors a good figure in a few years.(blitzways 1/3 statues are the best done in the last 3-4 years.)

Back